Choosing a gel polish system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nthminx

Training Nail Tech
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm a training techie who has been lurking around the forums for some time, and you all seem super helpful!

I finally got hold of a led lamp (just a mini sensational one that my mother in law had lying around) so would like to start using gel polishes.

But there are so many! How do you guys pick a brand? Do certain brands work better with certain lamps? And does any one have any experience with the mini sensational lamp?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi,
From what I know Sensationail is a consumer product, you’d be better off investing in a professional brand if you are charging clients. Also yes you’ll need the correct lamp for the brand you’ll be using in order to get the best results from the system you choose.
I personally use Gelish but there are lots of other professional brands out there to choose from. If you do a search on here you’ll find lots of useful information to help you decide. x

If you are currently still training in nail technology then I would suggest you wait until you are actually qualified before spending money on a brand you may not use in the future. Your views will change as you learn more techniques.

You always need to use the light, colours, base coat & top coat from ONE brand of gel polish, otherwise you will get curing issues, poor longevity and potentially sensitivities starting. Don't mix and match!

What brand are you training with? Try to perfect your techniques with this before moving onto another brand.

Sensationail is sold by Boots the Chemist in the high street I believe - so not a brand to go with if you plan to do paying clients in my opinion.
Spend time researching the different brands on here - make notes on each so you can compare pros & cons of each. Then when you are ready, choose one brand and go on their training day. Alternatively, have your nails done at various salons to try out the different brands from a customers point of view.
Good luck with your course!

If you are currently still training in nail technology then I would suggest you wait until you are actually qualified before spending money on a brand you may not use in the future. Your views will change as you learn more techniques.

You always need to use the light, colours, base coat & top coat from ONE brand of gel polish, otherwise you will get curing issues, poor longevity and potentially sensitivities starting. Don't mix and match!

What brand are you training with? Try to perfect your techniques with this before moving onto another brand.

Sensationail is sold by Boots the Chemist in the high street I believe - so not a brand to go with if you plan to do paying clients in my opinion.
Spend time researching the different brands on here - make notes on each so you can compare pros & cons of each. Then when you are ready, choose one brand and go on their training day. Alternatively, have your nails done at various salons to try out the different brands from a customers point of view.
Good luck with your course!
Thank you :) the college I'm at sold ibd kits, (acrylic and gel) but we can use any system we choose. I'll stick with ibd until the end of the course, or untill my kits run out.
Maybe I'll play around with sensationail products on myself, and stick with normal polish until the course ends. Ive had no issues with normal polish lasting so far :)

Latest posts

Back