Choosing a skincare brand as a mobile therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
I'm looking at starting a small mobile business and I definitely want to offer facials with an industry recognised (and respected) brand. I want it to be affordable in the context of a very small business who offers the treatment but doesn't do any product retail. Also, I want to use a product where you can train to use it rather than just pop into Sallys and read the label. I'm trying to narrow it down and here's what I've come up with so far....

I'm thinking that the following will be unobtainable what with me wanting to be mobile because I believe you need a certain number of treatment rooms unless anyone can tell me otherwise?...Clarins, ESPA, Elemis. What about Decleor and Guinot? These are both brands that I like but would I be right in thinking that they both have massive start up costs and/or room requirements?

Anybody with Environ or Thalgo able to tell me more about these brands?

I understand that Dermalogica requires you to retail a certain amount to stay on board with them?

A lot of people near me use Eve Taylor which I've heard good things about but as I say, I know a lot of people who already use that near me.

I'm very interested in Gerards (especially because they offer a glycolic peel and chocolate massage :) ) but I can't seem to find much out about them or how to access training.

Spa Find? Can you use them mobile?

I want to use a brand that allows me to advance my knowledge as a therapist and give the client something worthwhile. Peels are of interest...anything more advanced really. I am *sort of* interested in using a brand that uses facial and body electrical equipment (CACI? Guinot?) but I'm thinking this might be out of my budget. As I say, I deliberately aspire to be a small business at this stage.

So yeah...if you can tell me anything about anything then please do. I'll do some phoning around to some companies anyway but any up front information from the salon geeks will be appreciated :)

Hi I have been using spa find for the last 6 months it was recommended by a therapist that I bought some equipment from. They do training in their products and you can only buy through them. The only problem is is that they aren't well known so it is a bit harder to retail than say dermalogica. But they are lovely products to do facials and body treatments. If you contact them they send you lots of information and samples

I use Environ and Swissdermyl, and can really recommend Swissdermyl for lovely products and great start up prices. A lot of the brands you have mentioned will only supply you if you meet certain criteria such as a minimum of 2 treatment rooms, and 2 full time therapists (as well as a very large bank account!!!) The start up for Environ is big as you have to take on the machine, but they will supply to you, but it doesn't sound like what you are looking for at this time! I used to use Thalgo, and they had a minimum spend per year.
Hope that helps x

Latest posts

Back