Christmas pay...??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinlessdanni

Reaction score
Hello everyone i hope you have all had a nice xmas??
Right what i need to know is are you entitled to xmas pay if you dont work the day before xmas and the next working day after as i have had a stylist muck me around and this rings a bell from other salons i have worked in??
Thank you

Not sure what you mean - was employee supposed to work on Christmas Eve and Saturday, after Boxing Day? Did they not show?

Hello everyone i hope you have all had a nice xmas??
Right what i need to know is are you entitled to xmas pay if you dont work the day before xmas and the next working day after as i have had a stylist muck me around and this rings a bell from other salons i have worked in??
Thank you
It depends what it says in your employee's contract. Are Bank Holidays paid by you in addition to their 22 days per annum entitlement, or are they included as part of it?
I would have thought that if your employee has kept back 2 days holiday entitlement in order to receive holiday pay on Xmas and Boxing Day, then you'd have to pay them.
If not and the employee was off sick and would normally work the thurs and fri (if they weren't bank hols), then as she would have been ill for 4 consecutive days you would have to start paying statutory sick pay from and including the 4th day.
Read through her contract carefully before you do anything, whatever you do.

Back