Chunky Glitters help please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adventuregirl

Reaction score
Hello. I recently purchased some chunky glitters which are gorgeous in the packet but I can't seem to get the smooth finish like a fine glitter. Any suggestions on how to work with it? Thanks in advance! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I put the glitter on the sticky layer and use the brush to really push it in. Then I top coat, wipe off the sticky, then use a buffer and buff nail smooth. I then top coat again.

Works good for me

Thank you so much. I've done one hand and it looks okay - a bit lumpy. Will definitely try the buff and top coat next time. Was ready for tossing them out to be honest :/ xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where we're you a few weeks ago? :)
I did the glitter on top of Calgel (on a relative so it was ok), and it was bumpy.
I wrestled with it all evening as I was really disappointed and then it came to me after a few hours intense thought. So I returned next day and buffed it smooth then did a thin clear layer. Voila!

are you using it with shellac ? depending on the chunkiness I really burnish it in with a brush and use two top coats and its nice and smooth :)

Yes. With Shellac. It's not cured well for me at all. So disappointed but I'll try again!

Yes. With Shellac. It's not cured well for me at all. So disappointed but I'll try again!

We always recommended mixing our glitters with clear gel (whatever system you use).

Use a bit of foil and decant some clear gel, using a mixing tool with three small scoops will help you avoid waste (you can always add more). Then fold in three small scoops of glitter. You will probably find you need a slightly higher ratio of clear to glitter when it's chunkier.

You then apply the mix to the nail as if applying a glitter gel- it should go on smoothly and helps you avoid any rough glitter poking through and gives a smoother applications avoiding bumps.

I would be happy to send you the instructions we send to our customers as a reference point?

Nicola

We always recommended mixing our glitters with clear gel (whatever system you use).

Use a bit of foil and decant some clear gel, using a mixing tool with three small scoops will help you avoid waste (you can always add more). Then fold in three small scoops of glitter. You will probably find you need a slightly higher ratio of clear to glitter when it's chunkier.

You then apply the mix to the nail as if applying a glitter gel- it should go on smoothly and helps you avoid any rough glitter poking through and gives a smoother applications avoiding bumps.

I would be happy to send you the instructions we send to our customers as a reference point?

Nicola

That's so kind of you. Thank you so much. Shall I PM my email address? What lovely and thorough advice. X

That's so kind of you. Thank you so much. Shall I PM my email address? What lovely and thorough advice. X

No trouble at all! Yes, if you PM me I will get it to you straight away. :)

Nicola x

I have PMd you now. Really appreciate your time and help. Thanks! X

I've just tried the chunky glitters for the first time - does everyone else put the pieces on one at a time? I pushed my nail into the glitter then pressed down and smoothed as much as I could do there wasn't too much overlap. I did two top coats with a buff in between but the nail is still quite raised and bumpy (although smooth). I am wondering whether to get my tweezers out or if you've any other ideas?

Latest posts

Back