Cleaning my brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irene510

Reaction score
Hi all. I have just bought a CND acrylic brush and wanted to know how to properly step by step to clean it . I have seen that some people clean it with acetone and some with monomer. Which is the correct way. Sometimes when i practice i get acrylic on my brush i try to clean it with monomer and it gets sticky and when i do it with acetone it takes forever and the bristles seem dry. Also how would you recommend to storing it? Thank you

Best thing to clean your brush with is clean monomer.

For storing your brush I bought a case from Sweet Squared very reasonable price.

I put a small piece of blue-tac in the case to hold my brush in the one place as I am mobile.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Clean monomer is best. There is a product called "brush cleaner" which I believe contains acetone, but I was taught that this is only for use if you have previously not cleaned your brush properly and its got product stuck in it (good if you're newly qualified and havent got your mix ratio right yet). Regularly using acetone will drastically shorten the life of your brush, so stick to the monomer

Latest posts

Back