Cleaning my spray gun

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tan&Wax

Reaction score
Hi there

Whats the best thing to use to clean the gun? Ive had some real issues with my gun the last few days. As im spraying it completely stops coming out and then will suddenly start coming out again, it doesnt splatter or anything like that. I usually run it thru with hot water..

Does this sound like i have a problem or am I not cleaning it properly?

Caroline xx

hi i have had this problem previously with our old one in the salon the best way to clean them is with hot water and just run it through till the cup is empty it sounds to me there is either a blockage within the tubes the soloution goes through or nozzle of the gun. sum of the machines you can adjust the pressure the solution comes trough the nozzle by turning the wheel either clockwise or anticlockwise. ours used to do that when the solution was running low or there was too much solution in the tanning canister aswell. Check all these if these are fine then it may be one of the internal parts within ure machine. we ended up getting a new one because of this problem and ultimately because one of the clips for holding the hose in broke hope this helps xxx

Thank you, ive given it a thorough clean, just hope it sorts it out! I only brought it 2 months ago so hoping Sienna will sort it out if not. thank u xxx

hi is it the machine called t200 or minimist machine your using from sienna? if so the miss spraying is because your white cup seal gasket needs changing
the pressure needs to be constant in the pressurised container if the cup is not tight or the gasket is leaking that causes an intermittent drop in pressure hence a stop start spray pattern, its a very common problem with the t200
if this was a cleaning issue and your nozzle was blocked then you would get no solution coming through at all

Hi Steve

Yes its the true spray. i had a chat with my area rep who said she will phone me tomorrow to troubleshoot. if it is a gasket are they readily available? hope u dont mind me picking ur brain? ive got a tan party of 5 on sat as they are all going out to a wedding in cuba incl the bride and i know they would be gutted and so would i if i had to cancel.

caroline xxx

the t200 is prone to miss spraying and its usually that the cup gasket seal has failed they are available from your supplier,
but in the mean time if you pick the gasket out and look at it it will have flattened and lost its spongy ness
pop the gasket into a pot of boiling water for a couple of mins it will puff out and regain its natural shape again, them smear a little vaseline on both sides of the gasket before re fitting it to your gun, this will cure the miss spraying.
i check the seal buy putting the cup back on the gun turning on the machine and then using a little soapy water brushed on with a pastry brush or paint brush around the lip where the cup and gun meet, if you get bubbles then the gasket is leaking.
usually it will build up ok and then there is a massive leak!! it then builds up again and leaks! when the gun is leaking air ,the solution is not going through the nozzle hence the spitting you describe
if sienna are sending you out one gasket get them to send a few as they only seem to last a few months

Thanks so much, I think I will just ask them for some anyway now you have told me that. I completely dismantled the gun and took the needle out and gave everything a really good but gentle clean. I hope I did the right thing. I was really apprehensive about stripping the gun down but I found a great video on here of how to do it!! I am pleased that I took the gun apart as I now have more of an idea how it works.

Thank you so much for your advice, I hope it solves the issue. Im on a training course on mon and tues away from home so it couldnt have happened at a worse time!!

Thanks again
Caroline xx

Latest posts

Back