Cleaning tips, how important an next to godliness ?? I think so!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eternalscot

Reaction score
Seriously I do, had lots of cleaning staff and beauty staff over the years and people do struggle with cleaning. It appears some cannot even move a bit of furniture and choose to sweep and mop round items.

So firstly? Why are some people adverse to putting flash and hot water in a basin with a scourer and cloth and cleaning trollies, skirting boards, floors, there is no way a mop or steam cleaning does the job as well, especially if wax is on the floor? Is it demeaning to scrub floors on your hands and knees? I do this myself and don't like asking others but using a mop is just moving dirt around as is quite pointless. Woman of the 1950s scrubbed their front step as took pride in it. Now some people just don't see muck or think they are above doing anything more intensive than mopping. I have a friend with a hair salon and I could vomit looking at her hairy skirting boards and dust. Also the amount of clients I hear complaining about sticky floors in beauty salons that they decided not to go back to would surely make some realise cleaning is a hugely important part of our jobs.

Love to hear your tips too mines are: wax heads in dishwasher, baby oil for your stainless steel and wax machines, clean all your electrical wires from wax and dirt on the floor and use a floral disinfectant afterwards to give a super clean smell to a salon.

Latest posts

Back