Client Chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herbie

Reaction score
I’m struggling keeping my clients sitting up to me while I perform their manicure service. They want to sit back against the back rest of the chair which pulls their hands away from a good 6-10 inches. Which causes me to lean into them and my Gosh does it hurt!!! Help! Advice?! What do you guys do in this situation??

Hi Herbie, Welcome to the forum.

I can identify exactly with what you are saying if the client is in the wrong position. They want to slouch back because most people have dreadful posture and you then have to do all the over reaching which is painful.

Educate them into sitting up properly, explaining that you have short arms and can't reach their hands.......and how much better they will feel if they're more correctly seated.
I have 2 plump feather cushions that I insist go behind their backs, thus forcing them to not slouch. Hey presto their hands reach mine and I can get on with the job.

Hi Herbie, Welcome to the forum.

I can identify exactly with what you are saying if the client is in the wrong position. They want to slouch back because most people have dreadful posture and you then have to do all the over reaching which is painful.

Educate them into sitting up properly, explaining that you have short arms and can't reach their hands.......and how much better they will feel if they're more correctly seated.
I have 2 plump feather cushions that I insist go behind their backs, thus forcing them to not slouch. Hey presto their hands reach mine and I can get on with the job.
Thank you so much for the advice! I truly do appreciate it. The pillow is a good idea too:)

Thank you so much for the advice! I truly do appreciate it. The pillow is a good idea too:)
I also use a non armrest chair. It forces them to sit straighter and not slouch down getting too comfortable

Latest posts

Back