Client complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlluringLocks

Reaction score
Hello I've just had a horrible message from a client who turnt up last min as and when she wanted demanding I give her my details and insurance ect I feel sick. She sent me a message saying
"Not really as my hair was so matted! I've had to go to another hair Extension technician, to have them removed!
Can you tell me where did you train? And who is your insurance company? Here's 1 photo of the painful mess of the wefts". I applied the extensions perfectly. However this is a client who applied conditioner to her wefts. Had no idea how to care for extensions as she never had them before. I provided aftercare and said come to me if ever there was a problem. She also was training as a beauty therapist and asked if she could have someone train Indian head massage adding oil to her hair I said no. I don't have insurance as I only had a couple of clients and had a full time job and did not get any interest what do I do because it's made me cancel all my adds and I no longer want to do hair extensions. I feel sick and I knew this would happen. She's being really horrible and threatening me. I don't need this

Hello I've just had a horrible message from a client who turnt up last min as and when she wanted demanding I give her my details and insurance ect I feel sick. She sent me a message saying
"Not really as my hair was so matted! I've had to go to another hair Extension technician, to have them removed!
Can you tell me where did you train? And who is your insurance company? Here's 1 photo of the painful mess of the wefts". I applied the extensions perfectly. However this is a client who applied conditioner to her wefts. Had no idea how to care for extensions as she never had them before. I provided aftercare and said come to me if ever there was a problem. She also was training as a beauty therapist and asked if she could have someone train Indian head massage adding oil to her hair I said no. I don't have insurance as I only had a couple of clients and had a full time job and did not get any interest what do I do because it's made me cancel all my adds and I no longer want to do hair extensions. I feel sick and I knew this would happen. She's being really horrible and threatening me. I don't need this

This client also never complained about the extensions until she dyed her hair which I advised not to.

Hi I'm sorry to hear this and it sounds like she's in the wrong not following the correct aftercare given and dying them. But you firstly are in the wrong as you haven't got insurance. So I'd put this one down to a massive lesson learnt, give her her money back and get yourself some insurance. It's not that expensive to get insurance cover xx

You should always be insured in case something goes horribly wrong.

However, insurance is to cover YOU against being sued. Clients cannot 'claim' on your insurance. Only the person insured can make a claim so regardless, clients are not entitled to your insurance details.

I'd be inclined to tell her that as she didn't follow your aftercare advice, you cannot accept responsibility for the current state of her hair. And then block her.

Thank you everyone I have sent her a long email in regards to her colouring her hair and not following aftercare. I am having trouble trying to find some insurance that will cover me if I'm not a qualified hair dresser

Have tried tower gate beaut ?
You need to put a disclaimer on your aftercare saying that if you colour your extensions once installed you will be held responsible for your actions and the out come
I had a client complain this week over prebonds she got them matted after a week did bugger all with them then removed them herself which I carnt be responsible for if she ruins her hair

Try not to worry block her off ur page x

Thank you everyone I have sent her a long email in regards to her colouring her hair and not following aftercare. I am having trouble trying to find some insurance that will cover me if I'm not a qualified hair dresser

Short, one line replies are far more sensible in the long run and discourages to and fro messaging.

As pp said you should have been insured before doing anyone's hair. The company you did your training with should have signposted you to one who could offer you cover.

That aside. She hasn't followed your aftercare advice so tough titty. Make it clear on all advertising that once coloured/tampered with/removed by someone other than you then you will not be held responsible.

Latest posts

Back