Client complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbs

Love your hair by jo
Reaction score
Hi guys I’m after some advise please!

Iv been doing hair extensions for 5 years now and I have a great relationship with all of my clients.. I have a client that was fitted with hair extensions but insists there not the same as what she’s always had as the quality feels completely different, my professional opinion is that they feel great as they always have done, I advised her that if she has a problem with the hair I will need to go back to the supplier which I have done and they have asked to carry out tests on the hair.. totally reasonable I thought but when I put this to her she’s not having any of it!! She insists the issue is mine to sort and she wants a full refund! Her messages have become nasty calling me lier and accusing me of trying to make more money out of her by offering her cheaper hair which couldn’t be further from the truth! She has that many packs of hair in I don’t actually make much from her anyhow. She’s now saying she’s going to take legal action against me if this isn’t sorted.
Can I please have others opinion what they would do in this situation please ? If I give in and give her her money back I look guilty but is it best to do this to save the reputation of my business incase she slanders me all over social media..
thank you !! Xxx

Hi guys I’m after some advise please!

Iv been doing hair extensions for 5 years now and I have a great relationship with all of my clients.. I have a client that was fitted with hair extensions but insists there not the same as what she’s always had as the quality feels completely different, my professional opinion is that they feel great as they always have done, I advised her that if she has a problem with the hair I will need to go back to the supplier which I have done and they have asked to carry out tests on the hair.. totally reasonable I thought but when I put this to her she’s not having any of it!! She insists the issue is mine to sort and she wants a full refund! Her messages have become nasty calling me lier and accusing me of trying to make more money out of her by offering her cheaper hair which couldn’t be further from the truth! She has that many packs of hair in I don’t actually make much from her anyhow. She’s now saying she’s going to take legal action against me if this isn’t sorted.
Can I please have others opinion what they would do in this situation please ? If I give in and give her her money back I look guilty but is it best to do this to save the reputation of my business incase she slanders me all over social media..
thank you !! Xxx
I think right now, I would just keep it strictly professional and insist the hair is tested. Explain that as far as you're aware you've purchased a exactly the same hair , hence the company needing to test it. In any case a refund I'd not necessary, if she's not happy with the quality, my first offer would be to change the hair, and send the original off to be tested. Did you notice a difference with the quality when fitting?
How long has she had the hair in for? If she persists I'd get a solicitors letter written up stating the all the facts and what you were advised to do by the supplier. If she hasn't agreed to do what is necessary to determine the quality and f the hair and who's responsibility it is, then how can you liable?

I think right now, I would just keep it strictly professional and insist the hair is tested. Explain that as far as you're aware you've purchased a exactly the same hair , hence the company needing to test it. In any case a refund I'd not necessary, if she's not happy with the quality, my first offer would be to change the hair, and send the original off to be tested. Did you notice a difference with the quality when fitting?
How long has she had the hair in for? If she persists I'd get a solicitors letter written up stating the all the facts and what you were advised to do by the supplier. If she hasn't agreed to do what is necessary to determine the quality and f the hair and who's responsibility it is, then how can you liable?

Thanks for your reply ronray..
So I have gone back to her with the suggestion that the next step would be to have the hair tested and she’s just become more personal and aggressive towards me.. she is now stating that it’s not the quality of the hair but the colours iv used are not the same, she also then went on to say when I coloured it I also damaged her hair! After several nasty texts her final one was she will be seeing me in court and then threatened me with slandering me all over social media.. this is something that she would do as I know she’s done it to previous girls! Iv now blocked her from texting me and I’m just waiting to see what she does next! People like this really put you off wanting to do this job and I hate how 1 persons comment can cause so much damage to your business which Iv spent years building ! X

Thanks for your reply ronray..
So I have gone back to her with the suggestion that the next step would be to have the hair tested and she’s just become more personal and aggressive towards me.. she is now stating that it’s not the quality of the hair but the colours iv used are not the same, she also then went on to say when I coloured it I also damaged her hair! After several nasty texts her final one was she will be seeing me in court and then threatened me with slandering me all over social media.. this is something that she would do as I know she’s done it to previous girls! Iv now blocked her from texting me and I’m just waiting to see what she does next! People like this really put you off wanting to do this job and I hate how 1 persons comment can cause so much damage to your business which Iv spent years building ! X
Very often the ones who are horrible over text are the ones who are all talk and no action. Even if she does go down the court route, it'll start with a solicitors letter. Your liability insurance will cover you for situations like this if she does go ahead.
Don't worry about it, I know it's easier said than done, but unless she can prove that you've used different hair and that you damaged her hair then I can't seeing her getting anywhere to be honest.
Do you have before and after pictures? And were you confident in the colour / quality of the hair that was fitted. Do you believe you caused damage to the hair or not?

Very often the ones who are horrible over text are the ones who are all talk and no action. Even if she does go down the court route, it'll start with a solicitors letter. Your liability insurance will cover you for situations like this if she does go ahead.
Don't worry about it, I know it's easier said than done, but unless she can prove that you've used different hair and that you damaged her hair then I can't seeing her getting anywhere to be honest.
Do you have before and after pictures? And were you confident in the colour / quality of the hair that was fitted. Do you believe you caused damage to the hair or not?

Hi Yes I have before and after pictures and I even have messages from her saying how much she loves her hair when it was fitted. Iv also spoken to the supplier who is also happy to provide me with all the evidence I need in regards to previous invoices and what’s been used now. I did show her invoices from before and now and her response was they could be anyone’s! I just can’t win!

All mouth and no trousers!

She doesn’t have a case legally as you’ve supplied and fitted the hair as normal. To sue for breach of contract you’d have to have not fitted the hair at all or supplied something completely different to what had been agreed, and as you have evidence from the supplier, together with her initial messages saying how happy she is, it’s clear that she’s just trying her luck.

Remember, she has to prove her case with factual evidence, not opinions.

If she does try slandering you on social media, send her a solicitors letter telling her to stop otherwise you will sue her for defamation.

Screen shot and save in another file all her messages in case you need evidence later on.

You've offered a resolution which she’s refused to entertain, so I’d block her now and just move on. Do not accept her back as a client!

Sounds like she is at it. She was happy when it was done. I wouldn’t entertain her anymore. She will soon get fed up and hopefully stop contacting you. Some clients are sent to try us for some reason, don’t let it get you down xx

All mouth and no trousers!

She doesn’t have a case legally as you’ve supplied and fitted the hair as normal. To sue for breach of contract you’d have to have not fitted the hair at all or supplied something completely different to what had been agreed, and as you have evidence from the supplier, together with her initial messages saying how happy she is, it’s clear that she’s just trying her luck.

Remember, she has to prove her case with factual evidence, not opinions.

If she does try slandering you on social media, send her a solicitors letter telling her to stop otherwise you will sue her for defamation.

Screen shot and save in another file all her messages in case you need evidence later on.

You've offered a resolution which she’s refused to entertain, so I’d block her now and just move on. Do not accept her back as a client!

Thanks so much for all your advise, I have blocked her and I will keep all the information I have together. My main concern is her slandering me on social media but I do have a healthy client base of around 100 girls that I’m sure will come to my defence if need be! X

Sounds like she is at it. She was happy when it was done. I wouldn’t entertain her anymore. She will soon get fed up and hopefully stop contacting you. Some clients are sent to try us for some reason, don’t let it get you down xx

Thank you! I wish I didn’t let it get to me but it’s only because I generally care a about my job and it’s just frustrating when you know you haven’t done anything wrong .. xx

So sorry to hear this is happening to you! How awful! Agree with the comment about saving all of the messages she's sent, all of the evidence, keep neatly organized in a file that you can refer to if needed. And if she does end up bashing you all over social media, always stay professional, don't lose your head! You can hide comments, you can also report that a review is fake, and if need be, ask your loyal clients to keep posting positive reviews so you stay ahead :) Good luck!

So sorry to hear this is happening to you! How awful! Agree with the comment about saving all of the messages she's sent, all of the evidence, keep neatly organized in a file that you can refer to if needed. And if she does end up bashing you all over social media, always stay professional, don't lose your head! You can hide comments, you can also report that a review is fake, and if need be, ask your loyal clients to keep posting positive reviews so you stay ahead :) Good luck!

Thanks so much!! X

I’m not a hairdresser, but isn’t it obvious? She’s either a bit skint or she’s unhappy because she’s not had her hair done since at least March 20th so it’s not looking it’s best. I’d suspect an aftercare issue.

Right now making a fuss on social media will backfire, she’ll say “oh my hair is horrid” and all her mates will comment, “no babe! You’re looking gorgeous as ever”. Making a fuss now, weeks after she has her last appointment will just make her look ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back