Client has had a reaction to Calgel - what to do ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazbar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just had a call tonight from a regular client that I use Calgel on. I did a clear overlay on her nails on Saturday and she says that today she has very sore fingertips. I am always very careful to not get any product on the skin and she has been having Calgel for about 5 months without this happening. Any ideas why this has happened ?

Can people suddenly develop a sensitivity to a product ? Would it take 48 hours to occur ? I have told her I will go tomorrow first thing and remove them. Is this the best thing to do ?

If it is the Calgel she is reacting to would she have the same reaction to L&P or can I try that on her ? She has said she definitely wants something on her nails and I wouldn't like to have to say no unless it was definitely wrong to do.

Thanks in advance for any advice as this is the first time I have come across this. :hug:

Caz

Hmm difficult today, if its red and itchy and hot.....chances are its an allergic reaction to 'something'.

It maybe a good idea to remove the product.

Re - re applying anything, I would leave alone till the irritation has subsided and then maybe try l+p on ONE nail and see how it goes if all's good after 48hrs proceed with the other 9 nails!

Thats just the way i'd go!

hth

Hi it could be calguard, I have a client who is allergic to his, on the skin surrounding. Calguard has a small amount of acetone so it could be this that she is allergic too. Anyway just a suggestion. Try just wiping the nail, instead of the skin. Also do you soak off every time, it could be the acetone in calaway solution.

Latest posts

Back