Client not paid!🥲

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbie12

Reaction score
Hello!
I’ve recently been advertising my mobile hairdressing by leaflets. But I did a post on Facebook as well, which has attracted a few clients.
On Friday I went and did a full head of highlights for a lady and cut her daughters hair. When i had finished, she seemed happy with her hair and said she would transfer me the money over as she didn’t have any cash. She told me to send over my bank details and she would do it all.
This wasn’t an unusual thing for people do to and I normally put a lot of trust in people so when I got home, sent over all my details. I understood that she had children she would need to sort out when I left and it was her daughters birthday the next day, so it might not be straight away.
It’s now Monday morning, and she’s not even read any of my messages but has been active… i have only sent the details on Friday evening and then sent another message yesterday just to make sure she got them.

I am pretty sure she isn’t going to pay.
I understand that there is a massive cost of living crisis at the moment and I’m not even fustrated about the money; it just really upsets me I’ve taken my time to go and do her hair for her, which was a lovely colour and she never had any intentions to pay me?

Is there anything that I can do? I know I probably need to give her a little bit longer… or do I just take this on the chin and use it as experience?☹️

I would never leave before getting payment in full also is good to let clients know the day before appointment that you don’t accept transfer, cash only. I had this before but would not leave before getting pay so even waited 1.5h to be paid x

I would never leave before getting payment in full also is good to let clients know the day before appointment that you don’t accept transfer, cash only. I had this before but would not leave before getting pay so even waited 1.5h to be paid x
Wow making you wait 1.5hr!🫣
Yes I think I defiantly need to do this in future! Take this as a big lesson.
It’s such a shame people think it’s okay to do this.
Thank you 🫶🏻

Hi so sorry this has happened to you
I had this happen in the past so I have Zettle now. Basically a card reader so it never happens again. I pay a small % on every transaction but it’s worth it. There is no monthly fee so if you’re not working you’re not paying Hope this helps you
Andrea

Hello!
I’ve recently been advertising my mobile hairdressing by leaflets. But I did a post on Facebook as well, which has attracted a few clients.
On Friday I went and did a full head of highlights for a lady and cut her daughters hair. When i had finished, she seemed happy with her hair and said she would transfer me the money over as she didn’t have any cash. She told me to send over my bank details and she would do it all.
This wasn’t an unusual thing for people do to and I normally put a lot of trust in people so when I got home, sent over all my details. I understood that she had children she would need to sort out when I left and it was her daughters birthday the next day, so it might not be straight away.
It’s now Monday morning, and she’s not even read any of my messages but has been active… i have only sent the details on Friday evening and then sent another message yesterday just to make sure she got them.

I am pretty sure she isn’t going to pay.
I understand that there is a massive cost of living crisis at the moment and I’m not even fustrated about the money; it just really upsets me I’ve taken my time to go and do her hair for her, which was a lovely colour and she never had any intentions to pay me?

Is there anything that I can do? I know I probably need to give her a little bit longer… or do I just take this on the chin and use it as experience?☹️
This happened to me once with a wedding hair payment, I went to her house at a time I knew she’d be in and pretty much demanded she pay while I was there. She rang her husband to transfer it over, it was extremely awkward standing there on the doorstep but I didn’t care about being polite to her anymore after she’d been so rude not to pay me and ignore it etc. Don’t be a pushover with people like this.

This has happened to me a few times where people take ages to pay, sometimes 2-3 weeks, you message them and they say sorry I have to wait until I get 'paid' or they say they forgot... My husband is a window cleaner, there is always a list of people who take a while to pay, usually always the same offenders every 4 or 8 week cycle... I think give her a bit longer. Only 3 times in 10 years have I never not got paid, but I had a gut feeling about them too. I can't get people to pay deposits, I've tried. I have 90% good regular clients, so I don't worry as much anymore. Good luck 🤞

Latest posts

Back