Client that won't listen

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovelife

Reaction score
Hi everyone i have a client natural base 5 she had her hair dyed a 4 which went a 3. Ive explained if she wants a choc brown she will need a colour removal first but does't want one. She had koloston 5.1 on last time it was nice and neautralised the red but faded and due to be recoloured. I used 6 % and she said her hair is dry should i use 3% if she wont have a colour removal? Ive just qualified and im thinking i shouldn't of used 6% please advise im confused now:green:

I'm confused, what colour is she right now? A 3? And you want to put on a 5.1? X

Im confused too, and wella dont have a 3% x

If you want to neutralise red use gold check your colour wheel, ash can make colours look darker, tint will not lift tint so if your client is not wanting to listen there is not a lot you can do, thinking tho you could do a semi colour with wella if they don't do a 3% :)

Hi sorry im not very clear. Nat base 5. now a 3-4 roots not that noticible. Wants choc brown with 3% as she said her last hairdresser used 3%. I last used koloston 5.1 with 6% she said it was nice but felt dry. Advice please ive just started level three and still confused on colour x

Oh a client who thinks she knows more than you. In Wella we use 6% for same depth or darker and up to one level lift. So a 6% is correct. I don't understand how you used a 5/1 and it's now a 3? If she doesn't want a cleanse then she won't get above the 3-4.

Hi sorry im not very clear. Nat base 5. now a 3-4 roots not that noticible. Wants choc brown with 3% as she said her last hairdresser used 3%. I last used koloston 5.1 with 6% she said it was nice but felt dry. Advice please ive just started level three and still confused on colour x

I still don't understand? Lol is she naturally a base 5 on roots and a 3-4 on ends? If so using a 5.1 all over is pointless! Won't do anything! You need to remove some of the colour x

Tell her you spoke to the wella colour rep and that 6% is normal procedure and her old hairdresser was doing it wrong. Also I wouldn't tell the client what I'm using in regards to fine details... They start trying to diagnose their own hair and they have no idea what there talkin about

Tell her by lowering the percentage you would have to use a different brand developer which would invalidate your insurance as wella don't do a 3% ... If this is what she wants she will need to find another stylist willing to take that liability!

What's her home care routine like? Is she using the correct pro products? Probably not :D is that your fault too? Or did her previous hairdresser perfect that as well ... Grrrr hate clients like this xx

Lol, she will definitely need to strip the colour out if she wants to go lighter... and yeah 6% is correct, 3% is only used with toners and if you want to deposit heapss of colour.
If she won't listen to you, just explain it to her again and if she insists on not having colour stripped then she can go back to her old hairdresser :p
Haha, clients like this are know-it-alls

Thanks so much for all your advise :) i thought it was me :Scared: she either needs to let me remove the colour or put a 4 on to be slightly darker than her 5 nb. She keeps saying she wants a nice choc brown colour but no warmth or red ive tried to explain and thankgod there is no 3% peroxide thought id used the wrong one! :Love:

I. Confused about the wanting to go choc brown (which correct me if I'm wrong) is always warm, red or copper tones generally, anyway 5.1 would theoretically give a flat ashy med brown but on the 3 do nothing.

She needs to allow you to do your job, give her advise, explain nicely why you can't use 3% and that tint does not lift tint, so to go warmer and lighter she needs to have a slight cleanse. If she doesn't believe you she will go elsewhere and they will advise the same thing and she will come back to you to do your job now knowing you were right or they will do what she is asking, it won't work out and she will be back, either way its good you've checked, now be assured you know what you're talking about and believe in yourself :)

She sounds worried about her condition so do strand tests t show end results you can get but if you think its dry advise conditioning treatments to build strength ready to change the tone and level.

Remove the colour then use ct with 1.9 be alot kinder the her hair, your not lifting so no need to use koleston anyway good luck! X

Latest posts

Back