Client wants silver hair - help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxi

Reaction score
In 8 years of hairdressing this is my first request for silver hair! I have no idea what to use... she is about a base 6, but gray. She had it done before long ago and has showed me a pic. It was cap highlights, so I obv need to bleach it up first, but what toner would you use on it then>? I use wella colours. Thanks :)

hi there,if your toning bleach highlights,would the colourfresh 0/6 not give the silver colour wanted:lol:

hi there,if your toning bleach highlights,would the colourfresh 0/6 not give the silver colour wanted:lol:

Hi, yes I love this 0/6 in wella colour fresh too :)
but the bleached highlghts must be brought up past that yellow stage and up to a pale creamy inside of a banana colour for it to hold well and work nicely :hug: x minky

Thanks, well the pic she showed me was proper silver not platinum blonde, however when I went armed with my colour chart she liked the look of 10/8 so will use that to tone. She said when she's had it before it has gone too golden so I think she actually does want white blonde lol.

I don't us Wella, but if you lighten to almost white then tone with a half ash and half vilot blonde around level 9 or 10 it will turn silver.Just make sure you watch it closley!

it will be fairly simple to dye it silver since it was already done once. If it is brown or black, the process will take its toll on your hair as it strips your strands of all their color. Yes of course, you need to tell your client that it takes time and some extra sitting, cannot be done at one go, even if it was done earlier

Latest posts

Back