Clients Hair is Breaking Off!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn Elderkin

Reaction score
:cry: Hi firstly I must state that I am a beauty therapist and NOT a hairdresser. My client comes to me for beauty treatments but is very worried about her bleach blonde hair that is now breaking off. I said I would ask you lot if you can offer some advise. Is there anything she can put on it to help. I know her well enough to know it would be more than difficult to stop being blonde (almost addicted to is as she is tanning) so your advise would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

well without seeing her or knowing any history of her hair,

i bet she straightens her bleached blonde hair every day,quite possibly without protecting it.

another theory can be medication people are on, this can weaken the hair and cause hair loss.

but nine times out of ten its just over stressed hair from straightners and bleaching.

if it is that, she needs to lay off the straightening as much as poss, use a deep conditioning treatment at least once a week, but once the hair is damaged theres no going back, conditioning treatments only mask the problem till its been cut out. and she needs to use a heat protector when shes straightening and a cooler heat when blowdrying her hair

hths! :)

Hey! when bleaching the hair it is vital not to overlap the bleach- for example when the re-growth needs doing just put bleach on the darker root area ONLY! If the bleach is continualy put on to the whole head it will cause the hair to break down and split and become almost like chewing gum texture. There is nothing that can be done other than to cut it off im afraid as said above if shes not looking after it properly then this will also cause it to break! My advice to her would be to go to a reputable hair salon and get them to have a look at it for her Hope this helps xxxx

Hiya,

I was thinking about this and she might also benefit from a course of penetrating hot oil treatments.

xx

Latest posts

Back