Clients turning up poorly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsbycarly

Reaction score
If a client turns up poorly with something contagious would you ever reschedule their appointment? I'm pregnant and a lady came in coughing and sneezing the whole way through her appointment and said she'd been off work all week, I am now poorly and can't take anything with being pregnant. I've had a high risk pregnancy so really want to avoid being poorly but I wouldn't know how to approach it. What are your thoughts please ? X

I would just send out a polite text message to all your clients xx

Informing them if they are feeling under the weather etc please rebook.... Then if they turn up just explain you can't treat them.

When I was pregnant with my first I had a client come in who had swine flu and was off work for one week but she didn't cancel her waxing appointment. She was telling me how pregnant women didn't want to be around her and bitching about them not knowing I was also pregnant. I didn't know what to do so I just treated her but panicked the whole time. I also had a lady come in with cough and cold she then passed it on to me, one night I couldn't feel my baby move and I was really unwell so we had to rush to hospital to make sure everything is okay and you panic when pregnant. Thankfully everything was okay. My husband then put up a notice in my treatment room saying if you have cough or cold please reschedule your appointment. I didn't feel comfortable saying it, clients read it and cancelled appointments when they were unwell.

I post regularity on my fb page "please don't come I'll, I can't afford to catch anything as it effects my other customers and my family "
You at be turned away if poorly"

:)

Most respect it!!! Friends however!! :(

I had a lady turn up with a stomach bug Monday explaining that she'd been sick that day.
I cleaned down the whole salon with disinfectant and washed my hands about ten times.

I have a family to think of and I was seriously pusses off she thought it was ok to come!

Luckily I didn't or my family catch it but clients can be ignorant.

i hate it when this happens and i think they have a bit of a cheek tbh, i do nails only and they sit and breath in my face and cough etc for an hour, i wish they wouldnt.

however its part and parcel, much as i dont like it so i put up with it and am thankful it doesnt happen all that much. in your pregnant position, i think you have every right to try and protect yourself and agree, send texts, put a post on your facebook page and maybe a printed sign near your workstation to remind them all.

what i do do, is keep Chloraseptic throat spray (antiseptic and anaesthetic effect) and vicks first defence nasal spray in my bathroom cabinets, when someones been in with a cold/bug of some sort i use both of these as soon as they're gone, in fact i have been known to make an excuse and sneak upstairs and use it before i do their nails, lol, and after, and for the next 24 hours and hopefuly im not speaking too soon but i catch very little. i also am careful not to put my hands near my mouth and of course wash them thoroughly afterwards. i just though you might like to hear about my preventative measures in case it helps you too. hope you get well soon xx

Thanks everybody, think I will send some texts out and put a post on my fb page. I just feel really awkward telling them I can't do their nails but I've got to think of myself sometimes xx

One of my clients on 29th December rushed off bed half way through treatment then told me she had norovirus. Night of 30th I took ill and had to cancel all my clients on Hogmany. At work last week I lost count of the number of clients I visited who were sneezing, coughing and telling me how ill they were, felt bad on Saturday and yesterday and today spent in and out of bed taking pretty much everything my husband bought from chemist and of course had to cancel clients today. Really p's me off when people don't phone to even give me the choice of whether I want to go or not. I've told clients numerous times to call if they're ill and I'll happily rebook them but virtually no one takes any notice.
There's a good chance most of us would catch bugs anyway, especially this year when cold and Niro virus seem so rampant but sitting in close confines with clients definitely raises the risk.

Latest posts

Back