Clients who are late

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy89

Reaction score
Ok so I struggle with assertiveness and I'm curious to know what you all say to a client who is late?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

I work back to back 5 days aweek and if my clients are not there on the dot I call them and ask where they are I would then explain that I have a client straight away after and there treatment will be shortened or cancelled depending on how late they are.

Some clients don't under stand we have set times for a treatment and them being late makes us have to work later.

Just explain that by them being late you have to make other clients wait which makes the day longer.

If a client constantly dose this we don't allow them to book on busy days

Hello

I work back to back 5 days aweek and if my clients are not there on the dot I call them and ask where they are I would then explain that I have a client straight away after and there treatment will be shortened or cancelled depending on how late they are.

Some clients don't under stand we have set times for a treatment and them being late makes us have to work later.

Just explain that by them being late you have to make other clients wait which makes the day longer.

If a client constantly dose this we don't allow them to book on busy days

If you weren't busy and they didn't answer their phone and strolled in 10/15 mins late and said 'hiya I've got an appointment'- what would you say? Also parking by my salon is very hard to come by so they always use parking as an excuse

No one can park by my salon either I would explain that them being 10 15 minutes late means I would have to shorten their treatment or maybe even rush it as my next client will be on time and I am not allowed to leave them waiting if I run over time. We also charge clients 5 pound if they continue to do it after I have told them. I have had to turn away a few clients due to the being 20 minutes late, they do get very angry but it isn't my thought. They ask for a time and fail to make it on time. Just be very blunt but in a nice way. I no some clients can be hard work but again them being late is not your thought they should give them self enough time to get there, at the end of the day it's your time they are wasting.

If I did not have a client after I would take the client but once in the treatment room explain you cannot afford for them to be late next time.

I have a few clients that are always late so now I call them first thing in the morning and say please don't forget your appointment and please don't be late as I am very busy today (even if you ain't)

No one can park by my salon either I would explain that them being 10 15 minutes late means I would have to shorten their treatment or maybe even rush it as my next client will be on time and I am not allowed to leave them waiting if I run over time. We also charge clients 5 pound if they continue to do it after I have told them. I have had to turn away a few clients due to the being 20 minutes late, they do get very angry but it isn't my thought. They ask for a time and fail to make it on time. Just be very blunt but in a nice way. I no some clients can be hard work but again them being late is not your thought they should give them self enough time to get there, at the end of the day it's your time they are wasting.

If I did not have a client after I would take the client but once in the treatment room explain you cannot afford for them to be late next time.

I have a few clients that are always late so now I call them first thing in the morning and say please don't forget your appointment and please don't be late as I am very busy today (even if you ain't)

I understand if clients are late it can put you behind, but charging them £5 if they are late seems a bit harsh to me! I couldn't see my clients wanting to come back to me if they are "fined for not being on time!" Especially when you still do their treatment & a shorter version at that!
I'm just curious as to the reaction of your clients when you say they owe an extra £5?!

We have a sign on on reception, all the clients know. We only charge the clients who are late every time or don't turn up. Sometimes if a client is always late and they want a 10 o'clock appointment il book it for 10.15 specially if it's a long treatment.

It isn't fair on other clients who arrive on time and have to wait around for 10 15 minutes.

First time clients are warned when they join us that being late without informing us can result in a 5 pound charge as we will deduct this from the next client and give them 5 pound off. And it also helps to cover the extra hour the therapist work due to being 20 minutes behind on every client because one client was late.

We are a laser and beauty Clinic so when a client is paying £500 for 4 hour hair removal treatment they don't like waiting around.

Look at it this way, if you was behind and a client was waiting 20minutes and they needed to be somewhere after their treatment how would they react.

I would much rather loose my clients who are late than the ones who turn up on time.

If your clients don't mind waiting around then it shouldn't be a problem but many of my clients slip in on brakes or before or after work so it can be hard.

That's fair enough & a good gesture if taking it off the next clients bill, I'm mobile so 9/10 it's usually me running late! 😂

Just be aware that some clients just love to take the mick.

Good luck and I hope you sort out those late clients

Latest posts

Back