Clinic or salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geminikelli

Reaction score
Hi all i am looking for some advice as im in two minds what to do. I am opening a aesthetic clinic and had originally just planned to offer these kind of treatments as i wanted it to just be a clinic (were not talking doctors level) but a part of me keeps thinking shall i offer any other beauty treatments. Where it will be based is a very affluent area (stupidly rich more money then sense area) and there is very limited beauty in this area unless they travel into the main big town. So my thoughts are keep it proffesional and clinic like and not a salon but i also think im then missing out on a whole other area of the industry. So if you were having IPL treatments, laser treatments, chemical peels and the like would you prefer a clinic environment or a clinic that also offered other non aesthetic treatments? (sorry for the waffle) x

Hi all i am looking for some advice as im in two minds what to do. I am opening a aesthetic clinic and had originally just planned to offer these kind of treatments as i wanted it to just be a clinic (were not talking doctors level) but a part of me keeps thinking shall i offer any other beauty treatments. Where it will be based is a very affluent area (stupidly rich more money then sense area) and there is very limited beauty in this area unless they travel into the main big town. So my thoughts are keep it proffesional and clinic like and not a salon but i also think im then missing out on a whole other area of the industry. So if you were having IPL treatments, laser treatments, chemical peels and the like would you prefer a clinic environment or a clinic that also offered other non aesthetic treatments? (sorry for the waffle) x

Personally I think it would be a great idea to offer both. You could be missing out on a large client base just offering aesthetics. I think you could still keep the overall look very clinical, neutral colours ect. And just keep the beauty side to one specific area. Maybe do a classy, shabby chic theme. I know it's personal preference but I hate seeing bright pink, sparkly, blinged up beauty salons. It really puts me off. If you have a more high end client base, I think it could work really well! Good luck! Xx

Do the beauty too! It sounds like the two will go well together. Good luck x

i do both aesthetics and beauty and i decided on "clinic" rather than "salon" my business is called The Beauty Room Skincare & Beauty Clinic my main speciality is skincare but i also offer other treatments such as aromatherapy, hair removal, shellac manicures & pedicures and tanning

i have previously worked in just clinics that only do Laser, IPL & chemical peels and we did get alot of passing trade that used to pop in wanting an eyebrow wax or general beauty treatment (which we didn't do) so that's why i decided to do both, my place is quite modern very neutral colours with splashes of brights in reception and beauty area i.e bright cushions, bright towels & Flowers but the treatment room is very spa looking xx

Hi every one :) I am a new member.
May I ask that where did you do your aesthetic course please?Cos I am looking for doing aesthetic therapy course beside beauty, I am a beautician and fully qualified in level 3 so I'll glad if any one can help
Thanks a lot:)

i do both aesthetics and beauty and i decided on "clinic" rather than "salon" my business is called The Beauty Room Skincare & Beauty Clinic my main speciality is skincare but i also offer other treatments such as aromatherapy, hair removal, shellac manicures & pedicures and tanning

i have previously worked in just clinics that only do Laser, IPL & chemical peels and we did get alot of passing trade that used to pop in wanting an eyebrow wax or general beauty treatment (which we didn't do) so that's why i decided to do both, my place is quite modern very neutral colours with splashes of brights in reception and beauty area i.e bright cushions, bright towels & Flowers but the treatment room is very spa looking xx

This is great advice I'm planning my salon at the moment although it will still be a year or two off opening but this is how I imagine combining the two elements x

Hi every one :) I am a new member.
May I ask that where did you do your aesthetic course please?Cos I am looking for doing aesthetic therapy course beside beauty, I am a beautician and fully qualified in level 3 so I'll glad if any one can help
Thanks a lot:)

I'd like to know who people recommend for this too.

Latest posts

Back