Clynol to Wella?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhgiorgi

Reaction score
At work today a client came in to buy products and I started chatting to her about her hair. She has moved to my area and needs to get a new hairdresser and asked me if I could match up her colour. She had clynol 12:22 with 12% on roots written by her previous hairdresser. I use wella in my salon and have never used clynol colour but I am assuming that 12 is high lift blond like wella but what is 22. is it ash? she said that last time it was too gold. Also what should I use for a skin test on someone who wants high lift on scalp. Normally I would use and medium brown colour with 6%. I've given her my card and said to book in for a consultation so we can have a proper chat, but it might be handy to have some idea.

I think the .22 is very ash. I could be wrong though x

Just checked its ultra light extra ash blonde x

Thanks. So My thoughts were right. Couldn't find anything on google to compare. :)

/22 would be a VERY intense double ash. I am probably wrong but there is I think a KP Special Blonde 12/22 or even test a 12/0 with different amounts of 0/22 special mix to match the colour perfectly.

img_2133.jpg

Extra ash would be 12/81 or 12/11 but watch if over lapping or you may get a band, also I always skin test with the product closest to what I am going to use. I know people do it with a medium brown as it has the ppd chemical if that's its name. But they may still have a reaction to something else in the tint chosen

Thanks for everyone's replies. If I do it I was thinking of doing 12/11. x :)

Latest posts

Back