CND LED lamp issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
Okay so I bought a second hand CND LED Lamp. I bought it from a local salon that was closing down as the lady has been diagnosed with cancer and was giving up work. She had the receipt for it, it was purchased from S2 so I am 100% sure it is genuine. Anyway I seem to have issues with it. It cures most of the time without issue but yesterday I had a problem with Iced Cappuccino not curing and then today with blackpool. Both opposite ends of the colour spectrum. For both I reverteted back to my trusty CND UV and it cured without problem.

I thought maybe the placement of the hands in the lamp was to blame but I am not sure. The lady today seemed to be in perfectly. Her hands were in the grooves. I don't get it. Although it was second hand it was still an expense as like I said she had the purchase receipt and it is not that old. The LED lights last a long time right? I have watched fingernail fixers vids on using the lamp and that hasn't helped.

I am dubious about using it and really tempted to go back to the UV lamp x

I've had trouble with Ice Cappuccino, but I had an old bottle and assumed it was one of the transition bottles when they moved from UV to LED curing, so it might be worth trying a new bottle. I think there were some posts on here about it too a while back.

Blackpool is always tricky, black gel polish is notorious for curing issues due to the colour and light penetration issues. I think the two issues are unconnected, but as they are happening at the same time it's easy to think they are connected.

LED lamps last 10,000's of hours unlike UV which was only 100 hours.

Try some colour pop experiments with the Blackpool, and a new bottle of that too maybe if it's potentially an old one.

I've had trouble with Ice Cappuccino, but I had an old bottle and assumed it was one of the transition bottles when they moved from UV to LED curing, so it might be worth trying a new bottle. I think there were some posts on here about it too a while back.

Blackpool is always tricky, black gel polish is notorious for curing issues due to the colour and light penetration issues. I think the two issues are unconnected, but as they are happening at the same time it's easy to think they are connected.

LED lamps last 10,000's of hours unlike UV which was only 100 hours.

Try some colour pop experiments with the Blackpool, and a new bottle of that too maybe if it's potentially an old one.
Thank you so much. It is the first time I have used iced cap with this lamp so maybe you are right and it is an old bottle. Yes agreed Blackpool is tricky sometimes and could have been the placement in the lamp. I will have a play. Thank you so much x

Latest posts

Back