CND LED lamp problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KattyB

Reaction score
I have recently purchased the CND LED lamp and I'm starting to think that there is something not right with it. Normallywhen I apply shellac to myself and never have any problems with it lasting 2 weeks with my UV lamp. However each time (x3 in total) I have used the LED lamp it has literally chipped or peeled at the free edge after 3 days :( I have capped the free edge and prep is excellent, its not my application. The only thing that has changed is the lamp. I'm concerned and reluctant to use this on paying clients.

Can I just check that when curing the Base coat using button 1 the lamp just flashes for 5 seconds - the lamp doesn't actually stay on permanently it just flashes. Then I cure each coat with button 2S which is a minute each coat and then finally button 3 which flashes 5 times and then stays on for 1 minute for the top coat.

Is this the same as everyone else?Has anyone else experienced any problems? Any help appreciated

I personally didn't get on with the LED lamp also for the same reasons & sent it back for a refund, many people love the new lamp though so don't know what I was doing wrong, I've been a shellac user for 6 years.

I personally didn't get on with the LED lamp also for the same reasons & sent it back for a refund, many people love the new lamp though so don't know what I was doing wrong, I've been a shellac user for 6 years.
Hi, I swapped to the NEW CND lamp at Christmas. I heard about some techs having problems with curing, clients not getting long enough with their nails. With all of this in mind, I was very open minded to it.
I made sure that everyone had a lesson on how to place their hands into the hole placement guides. And I have not had a problem at all.
Make sure that everyone's nails are in the correct place.
I would not do back to the old style UV lamp for Shellac after using this one. Xx

Thanks for your replies. I have contacted sweet squared. They have advised to look at finger placement after I have described the problem and the nails affected which I have acknowledge could be the problem now they have given me some tips. However what if you have a client with longer nails?? This problem is always going to occur and I can't see some of my older clients who have arthritis being able to hold their hands in that position throughout the treatment. I'm tempted to replace for the UV one. S2 said that it may be the new top coat too.. great I have two bottles!!! With the Uv lamp and original topcoat I never had to ensure clients hands were correctly positioned or worry about the product lasting. I'm really disappointed.

Finger placement is very important with the new CND LED lamp (I'm saying new, it's not new now its been around for ages) the little indents in the base plate ensure the fingers are in the right position under the lamps, the LEDs are actually quite small so the nails need to be in the right place. Yes the mirrored interior bounces the light around to aid the sides and corners, etc. but it's all about placement.

I've slowed down my button pressing, to enable my clients to position their fingers properly and for me to peep throught the gap on my side to check they are in the right place before activating the light. With the old UV there was a few seconds delay before the blubs came on for the client to settle into place, with the instanteous light up of the LED clients can feel a bit rushed and not settle their fingers properly for fear of moving once under the light, so me slowing the process had enabled them to get familiar with the new routine.

Yes the flashing is right for base and top coat, it's to minimise the risk of exothermic reaction (heat spike) and the product is still cured correctly.

I too have had problems with Express 5, so only use it for topping RockStars where 2 coats are necessary and it seems to have been OK

If finger placement is so important how does it work for feet then!!?? You can't put all your toes on the pads! I asked S2 what if someone has long stiletto nails and they said then move them backwards so they are not on the pads! The whole idea is that the lamp is supposed to be quicker but with all this faffing and adjusting it just doesn't seem any quicker and very unreliable! At least with the UV lamp you just simply put your hand in!!

I am somewhat relieved that it is not me going mad and others have had trouble , whether it be with the lamp or the topcoat. S2 customer service is usually pretty good though so hopefully they will be able to sort something

Thanks for your replies. I have contacted sweet squared. They have advised to look at finger placement after I have described the problem and the nails affected which I have acknowledge could be the problem now they have given me some tips. However what if you have a client with longer nails?? This problem is always going to occur and I can't see some of my older clients who have arthritis being able to hold their hands in that position throughout the treatment. I'm tempted to replace for the UV one. S2 said that it may be the new top coat too.. great I have two bottles!!! With the Uv lamp and original topcoat I never had to ensure clients hands were correctly positioned or worry about the product lasting. I'm really disappointed.
Ditto

If finger placement is so important how does it work for feet then!!?? You can't put all your toes on the pads!

Now that I've never understood or got to the bottom of. I use my UV for toes

I've always wondered about feet. This doesn't make sense.

Yes, also wondered about the foot issue but I do use separators so I've always assumed that this gave the toes enough access to light .
No problems so far anyway!

update: SweetSquared will not replace as I purchased the lamp as part of the show deal where it was advertised as being the 'free' part of the package (a round of applause to the clever marketing team there at s2!!). I had genuinely forgotten that was what the deal was so I can't really grumble with them about that. It does make sense though now why they are giving them away for 'free!!!' .

I have had no issues with either the lamp or the new top coat and love both!

My timings are quicker with the LED lamp, I'm starting to beat the lamp on a few occasions and new top coat is shinier and easier to remove [emoji3]

I use the LED for toes all the time, if you switch the lamp on and look in you will see a large area bathed in light, issues occur when fingers are turned under not letting the light at them , toenails and pretty much upward facing so I've never had any issues with that either , thank god! [emoji12]

KattyB did you get on better with your lamp since? I'm a bit lost as to whether to buy it or buy the UV one. I too am confused about the feet thing as mentioned above! I'm also worried about it not curing like the old one. Was it a faulty machine or just a matter of getting used to it?

I just love CND Shellac. The Led lamp is perfect for fingers...but today my client battled to fit her foot in properly. Her 2 big toes kept on bumping against the top bulbs! I'm condering to use UV for feet...only thing is it takes so much longer.:(

It's chipping because your hands come into contact with acetone. Clients don't work with acetone.

Latest posts

Back