CND Master Painter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polish@glow

Reaction score
I have been asked by my CND trainer to think about now doing the master painter course - those that have done it what does this entail? Is it worth doing?
Thanks for any advice :Grope:

you need to do a brisa lite smoothing nail, French with brisa lite smoothing and a dark colour. You do quite a bit of theory like colour theory etc and you get a little booklet to fill out.Then in the afternoon you learn a few different designs. It's a really fun course to do and you get another fab CND certificate at the end if you pass :)

It's a brilliant course to do, I did mine over a year ago so don't know if it's changed but goes through colour theory, learn some different designs, go through perfecting everything and play with additives and mixing them! Learnt a lot from this course, would recommend!!

Anyone been on this course recently? I do mine on the 7th of April in Edinburgh. Looking for a heads of up on what to expect! Thanks

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Im doing mine in April too, at Leicester. So excited, nervous and now as it gets closer, a big gulp....

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I know im nervous but excited. Would be great to hear from people who have done it.

I did mine today with Anna Lee at Creative Academy London.

You start with theory and go over shellac application if necessary, do some colour theory. Then you have to produce a perfect set of shellac on a model. This needs to be perfect or you don 't pass. In the afternoon you go through Brisa Lite and learn different nail art techniques, watching the EA then having a go yourself, it was great fun!

The morning was nerve wracking knowing Anna was going to scrutinise my application and finished result but she's really lovely, makes you feel at ease!

Argh! I know I can do it but in situations like that I fall apart. Plenty of time to practice. Should you take a model with decent nails then?

Was it colour or French you had to apply?

I suppose good nails would help your application.

We could choose, colour or french, Anna just asked that we didn't do just a nude colour like clearly pink or negligee.

If you're confident in your application then you'll be fine. Cap your edges, go close to the eponychium but don't flood it, make sure your side walls are very neat, no patches or streaks in the colour. There is no time limit so take your time.

It's great that you do it early on so you can relax in the afternoon.

Fab thanks. Im looking forward to it. I'll be keeping on top of my model's nails until then.

I did mine today with Anna Lee at Creative Academy London.

You start with theory and go over shellac application if necessary, do some colour theory. Then you have to produce a perfect set of shellac on a model. This needs to be perfect or you don 't pass. In the afternoon you go through Brisa Lite and learn different nail art techniques, watching the EA then having a go yourself, it was great fun!

The morning was nerve wracking knowing Anna was going to scrutinise my application and finished result but she's really lovely, makes you feel at ease!

Thanks for sharing that with us , well today.xx

It would be great if there was a skills day to actually learn how to do everything stated above, rather than just turn up and produce the results. I really wanted to take Master Painter until I found out it wasn't what I thought it would be.

When I did my master painter we had to do colour, French and brisa lite smoothing applications.

Do any of you know anywhere in manchester that does this? X

Thanks for all the replies I am looking forward to it now.

Call S2 they will tell you where in manchester you can train.

The fingertips centre is having an open day at the weekend so I'll ask plenty of questions then. The shellac bring them back course was good for troubleshooting and application.

So do you only need the model for half the day? Don't want to drag someone miles if they will be sat bored all afternoon.

Always check with the CND Academy you have booked the course with for model times, what to bring, etc. CND Master Painter has changed many times and will again in order to be up to the minute, it's also different in different parts of the world! Wherever and whenever you are doing Master Painter, good luck and enjoy!

Do any of you know anywhere in manchester that does this? X
Here: Gel Nail Courses in Manchester - Creative Nail Academy - Nail Training Creative Academy Manchester

The fingertips centre is having an open day at the weekend so I'll ask plenty of questions then.
More info here:
Annual Open Days 2014 « The Centre Scotland The Centre Scotland
See you there MrsM! :D

Latest posts

Back