CND Scentsations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arty*Rox

Reaction score
Unfortunately I've had a client that's had a bad reaction to the CND Sentsations lotion, It's the first time she's ever had a reaction to any type of lotion and doesn't suffer from any skin allergies or disorders. Could it be the perfume in the lotion? She is taking medication for depression so maybe this had an effect.

The only other hand cream I offer is the CND almond hydrating lotion and we patch tested a small area and it started to sting, most probably due also to the area still being sensitive.

I love both these lotions and haven't had any problems with them until just this one client.

Is there another lotion I could recommend maybe the OPI avoplex?

Just to add I gave her a small tester pot of the CND almond hydrating lotion to take with her, I've told her not to use it until the sensitivity had totally cleared up and then try a small patch test with it and see how she gets on.

Last edited:
Poor lady, allergies are a nightmare and once aggravated, you never know what's going to set them off. I wouldn't recommend anything to this client to be on the safe side, safest thing is to tell to get some hand cream recommended by her chemist - I use Dermol and it doesn't affect my Shellac.

Avoplex is lovely but stung like a mo fo when my allergies were bad xx

Strange thing is she's been a client of mine for 9 years now and has never suffered from any allergies or even particularly dry skin, so I'm not so sure that's what this is. It was literally just a reaction to the Scentsations lotion, everything else she uses is fine.

She is using Vaseline intensive care for now and that's had no reaction, so I'm wondering if its creams that are highly scented, I noticed the OPI avoplex do a fragrance free replenishing lotion and wondered if this might be better for her as she likes to purchase her nail and hand care products from me.

Was it a new fragrance that you tried on her or have you used that one on her before? Could it be a reaction to one of the ingredients/fragrances? Xx

She's got the honeysuckle and also the citrus one and has been using both. The only change I can maybe put it down too is she has been given some new medication for her depression. Anyone know if medication for depression & and anxiety can have an effect in the skin? She also had swelling around her eyes as she rubbed some of the excess cream into her face

Latest posts

Back