CND Shellac advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo3379

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this so please excuse if this question is already in here. I've just bought some bits online for CND Shellac, including the lamp, top & base coats and a couple of colours. One of the colours arrived today and it states 'CND shellac power polish', I'd like to know what is the difference between this and the 'Shellac CND UV colour coat'? Can I still use the power polish with the base coat, lamp and top coat as seen on YouTube or is this a completely different product??
Thanks in advance!!!!!! Jo 😄

If you have a pic of the bottle that would be helpful. On a couple of my bottles some say color coat some say polish but they were bought direct from s2 so not sure if it's a change of bottle labelling. Someone else may be able to advise better xx

I don't have my bottles in front of me but I thought all the bottles said "CND Power Polish" then further down the front of the bottle it said color coat.

As long as you purchased your product from a reputable dealer/distributor, you shouldn't have an issue.

I think there was a name change to power polish a while ago, so if you have older stock it would say uv color coat or just color coat. I've checked mine, all bought from S2, and have all 3 types.

Karaxxx

Hi, I'm new to this so please excuse if this question is already in here. I've just bought some bits online for CND Shellac, including the lamp, top & base coats and a couple of colours. One of the colours arrived today and it states 'CND shellac power polish', I'd like to know what is the difference between this and the 'Shellac CND UV colour coat'? Can I still use the power polish with the base coat, lamp and top coat as seen on YouTube or is this a completely different product??

Can I assume you've bought them all from different places if one of the colours has arrived on it's own? Where did you purchase them from? Can you attach some photos so we can help you more.

Steph xx

Hi, thank you all for your quick replies!!!! I've attached an image (hopefully it's worked!!!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 197
Can I assume you've bought them all from different places if one of the colours has arrived on it's own? Where did you purchase them from? Can you attach some photos so we can help you more.

Steph xx

Hi Steph, yes I bought them all separately, from amazon and eBay - maybe this was a mistake, as really don't know the product so hopefully I've not been ripped off!!! I've not yet received the other items!!

Hi Steph, yes I bought them all separately, from amazon and eBay - maybe this was a mistake, as really don't know the product so hopefully I've not been ripped off!!! I've not yet received the other items!!

You can't buy genuine CND Shellac from eBay or Amazon, so you may well have been ripped off. The only UK suppliers are Sweet Squared and Ellisons X

Welcome to the site.

Please can I ask you to complete your Profile asap, so we know a little more about you and your training/qualifications.

Thanks.

If you're a qualified tech you should really buy from a reputable CND seller, either Sweet Squared or Ellisons then you'd be guaranteed the real products thus protecting both you and your clients. S2 and their educators also do training courses which might be good for you as you don't know the product.

There are so many fakes on ebay its so hard to tell what's good.

Karaxxx

The Shellac might be the least of your worries - what lamp did you buy?

You can't buy genuine CND Shellac from eBay or Amazon, so you may well have been ripped off. The only UK suppliers are Sweet Squared and Ellisons X

That's naive - of course you can! As a professional you should go through a certified distributor as you suggested but there is plenty of genuine product out there for those who want to buy it.

Latest posts

Back