CND Shellac or Jessica training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley Frank

Reaction score
In desperate need of some good advice. The last year I went self employed but gave struggled to build a loyal clientele and only ever getting one off bookings. I want to go back to basics and refresh all my nail training. I trained in Calgel last year however I feel my basic manicure needs to be a lot better. I really want to master nails and can't afford any further mistakes. Please can anyone advise on the best training and products? I'm concerned that shellac seems to have a reputation for chipping. Many people seem to be moving to the gel bottle. Ido not want to train with TGB, nor do I want to use their products, I have previously found their customer service appauling. Help!

If you have all of the required certification for insurance etc, have you thought about maybe doing a 1-2-1 skill builder course? These normally last a day, and you will have the whole day to cover the areas you need brushing up on and won't have to re-do a basic course?

As far as products go, it's a minefield and all down to personal preference and what you look i a product. There are many great brands out there, and there isn't normally a one-fit-all product out there.
Why do you not want to continue offering Calgel?

Hi Anna

I'm level 3 beauty qualified but from 2002. I worked in an entirely different setting for 14 years and only returned to beauty last year following maternity. I think I feel a little uninspired with Calgel, plus, it doesn't last on my oily weak nails...i therefore struggle with this from a marketing concept; Firstly because i don't have glam nails of my own to show off and promote and secondly , even though it lasts fantastically on my clients, I'm still dubious because it doesn't work on me which affects my confidence in gel. I like with Sweet Squared and Jessica they have regular and new art classes, regular tutorials, master classes and there are routes to elevate, inspire and become better.

Ok, I was just curious, if there was any particular reason you didn't want to continue with Calgen that could affect your choice in training or products.
I did my L&P and Gel enhancement training with CND/Sweet Squared and I personally think it was absolutely fabulous. My educator is fantastic, and provides me with ongoing support.

I did my L&P training as a beginners class with other people, and did my Gel conversion course as a 1-2-1, although more pricey it gave me real quality education time, as we could focus on spending more time on the areas where I needed extra help.

I can't comment on the training with Jessica, nor their products, maybe another geek is able to offer you advice on that.

As you already have your qualifications, personally I would look into doing something similar, as you will already have the core foundation knowledge covered, but it's of course entirely down to you and what areas you feel like you need a brush-up in.

Latest posts

Back