CND Shellac v silicone based hand cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessNails

Reaction score
I'd be grateful if anyone can help...I have a client who has CND Shellac every 2-3 weeks (for nearly 2 years) and over the past few months she seems to be having a problem with the base of the Shellac literally peeling off. When she leaves the salon (after her full GENUINE CND Shellac service) it is fine for approx 7-9 days, then it literally becomes loose at the base, so much so you can just peel it clean off. She doesn't peel it, therefore her nail is in perfect condition underneath. We have never had any adhesion problems before, she uses solar oil daily, wears gloves, been to docs etc. After many interrogations, I found out that she has recently started using this Avon Hand cream pictured below. It is silicone based which leads me to believe this could potentially be the issue? Is this the culprit? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399295858.093113.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399295897.009525.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399295906.794400.jpg

I had this with 2 clients. They couldn't keep shellac on for more than a week, then turned out they were both using the same hand cream (clarins) . After stopping using it their shellac lasted the normal 2 weeks. So I'd say In my opinion it could be possible that the hand cream is the cause xx

So I have been doing shellac for years and only 2 out of my clients this happens to and it also happens to me!!! I use no hand cream and neither do my ladies as I've asked the same questions . I thought it was due to more natural oil on the nail bed however if they used to be ok and now not,maybe it is the hand cream xxx

I have had this happen to a gel client and acrylic client when the nails lift and they never lifted before. And common cause was a new cuticle or hand cream they bought from somewhere.
Not sure if it was Avon but quite possibly. Looks similar was blue.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Latest posts

Back