CND Shellac Xpress5 Top Coat problem?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
I've just used my top coat (been using on regular clients to test out) and it looks yellow! I used it on Creekside and it made the nail look a dirty tea stained yellow colour. I've used it around 5 times now and this is the first time I've noticed it look yellow. I had to wipe it off and use the original top coat.

Has anyone else had this problem? Not sure if it was like that from the start and didn't notice on certain colours or if it's just turned yellow? Haven't used it on any powders or anything that could of contaminated the polish.

Help! X

There's another recent thread expressing the same problem.

just came back from a cnd class and im assuming you are using the express 5 topcoat? She said it is not cured properly. are you using a cnd light? bulbs need to be changed?

This is the problem I am having with express5 topcoat, some part of the nail is not shinny and turned Matt? Anyone experience the same? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 286
I have noticed this too as I'm painting it on. You can tell on white as it isn't clear over it, it's never been like this with the old top coat, I dunno if it goes clear once cured though.

I also think it feels funny when it comes out of the lamp, it's like it's not fully cured, definitely harder to dsperse the stickiness off.

I do like that it doesn't go as gloopy though.

This is the problem I am having with express5 topcoat, some part of the nail is not shinny and turned Matt? Anyone experience the same? Thanks
This looks more like it wasn't in the lamp correctly :)

Mine looks slightly yellow when applied but when it's cured it goes clear X

I have also had problems with the top coat, I used it on Creekside & it turned yellow on my client after 5 days. I put it down to the client using tan or something but reading all your comments am starting to think it could be the express5 top coat. I don't think I will be using it again!

is anybody finding clients nails not lasting as long with the express top coat,

is anybody finding clients nails not lasting as long with the express top coat,
Yes mine as well. And my nails don't feel as strong. Mine are chipping all the time. When I use my bottle of normal top coat, no problems at all. I won't use the xpress on clients anymore. They all had chipping no matter how much I capped the free edge.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443725349.636163.jpg
thumb and index after a week and it's my left hand.

I didn't get on with it either, nails didn't last as long for me, have stuck with the original top coat, fingers crossed they don't discontinue it!!!!

I think they are [emoji24]

I'm finding it doesn't last as long either just peeling away.

It's thinner so I have to be careful to apply s bit thicker than their old top coat.

It def gives colours that yellow tinge doesn't it which is RUBBISH coming from CND and I hope they sort it soon. Take note CND R&D dept

I keep a normal topcoat for French and pale colours. It does suck a bit.

Hi all I'm really interested to hear this about xpress 5. I have found my own shellac is lasting far longer on my nails then it ever did with the old top coat. I always found it lifted at the free edge from using acetone but I haven't had any issues since using xpress 5. A lot of my clients who might have some issues with longevity are finding their shellac is lasting longer all well.
I haven't noticed any yellow tinge either & I love the removal time. I am absolutely converted to it & never get the old top coat now.
I don't have the led lamp just the old cnd lamp I don't know if this makes any difference.

I had exactly the same problem as everyone else. I take as I find and if some people get on well with it then that's great but I for one think it's a poor quality product and will only use original top coat. If they do discontinue it then I shall discontinue shellac in my salon.

I am also having good results with the new top coat. I had a few teething problems but I think that was more me than the top coat. My best friend was always having lifting and chipping and struggled to make her shellac last 7 days, with the new top coat she is getting much more wear out of them!

I also use the old uv lamp.

Latest posts

Back