CND Vinylux/Shellac turning yellow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaz Pinkies

Reaction score
I recently done some Santa nails and used Shellac Ruby Ritz as the colour coat and then applied Cream Puff in Vinylux as part of Santa's coat. On top of this went Shellac Xpress5. It's only been on for 2 days and the white has started turning yellow. I also have Shellac cream Puff colour on one of my fingers which is still white as white so wondered if anyone else has experienced this discolouration with the Vinylux?

Many thanks for any advice.

There was a thread in here before about yellowing which was narrowed down to the Xpress5 topcoat, lots of Geeks experiencing it. Ive not heard of any instances recently, it might rear its head again now over Christmas with snowflakes in abundance. Might be worth a call to S2 to see if they have any info

Can't you try applying a uv topcoat polish ? Might help

Is XPress5 not a uv topcoat polish? I will send a note to s2 and see what they say. I have to say even the shellac White is now starting to turn a tiny bit yellow-ish however also wonder if wearing gloves loads may have an affect on it?

Personally, I wouldn't apply a regular polish and cover it with uv top coat. I'd use Shellac.

I use shellac studio white & cream puff under Xpress 5 with no yellowing.

It's not a regular polish, it's the CND Vinylux and thought they might be compatible. Do you do all the detailing with shellac for nail art then and place in the lamp for each layer?
Even the shellac white I have on my ring fingers has started turning yellow and I can only assume it's the conditions as am in a very cold place and having to wear gloves most of the day.
Thanks for all your input.

I use Konad stamping nail polishes for my designs which I then seal in with top coat.
I haven't had any problems with yellowing when using white with any of three different shellac top coats.

It's not a regular polish, it's the CND Vinylux and thought they might be compatible. Do you do all the detailing with shellac for nail art then and place in the lamp for each layer?
Even the shellac white I have on my ring fingers has started turning yellow and I can only assume it's the conditions as am in a very cold place and having to wear gloves most of the day.
Thanks for all your input.
Vinylux is still a regular polish laquer. Meaning not uv cured.

Latest posts

Back