CND Shellac not lasting, help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have been using CND Shellac for 9 years. In the past 6 months I have had problems with Shellac lasting. I have a regular client that used to get 3 weeks no problems now she is finding the Shellac chips or completely my peels off after a few days. I have only ever used the CND lamps and have now invested in the new 2019 CND LED lamp hoping that will help. I have recently lost a few other regular clients and I am paranoid it’s because their nails are not lasting. I have been reading about some people using The Gel bottle rubber base and top coat with Shellac colour coats to get better wear. I know this is not recommended mixing brands but I am at a loss to what is going on? Any help or advice is very welcome. Thanks!

Once I switched to TGB the chipping stopped and clients got longer wear and I got lots more new clients. I use the TGB 2in1 base coat and extreme shine top coat with the TGB colours and while it isn't recommended to mix brands, I use them with the CND Shellac colours with no problems xx

Thanks so much for replying! Yeh keen to move across to TGB as just don’t seem to get the wear anymore. Not sure what has changed within Shellac as feel like I am doing the same application as always. I have so many Shellac colours so keen to get these used up so that is why I wanted to try use the TGB base and top coats. xx

I use gelish base and top it works well

Latest posts

Back