College or training academy???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhead

Reaction score
I would just like to hear the views of people who have trained at college and training academies. What the pros and cons are? By the way I am 36 years old, I'm sure this will be a factor in my decisions.

P.S I live near leeds, just in case anyone has any experiences of salons/colleges around my area.
:D

Has anyone been to Bradford college or keighley college to do NVQ 1 or 2. Trying to get some back ground info about where to go?

Hi there,
I trained at Joseph Preistley College in Morley.
I absolutely loved it. My tutor was so inspiring and can honesty say its the best thing Ive ever done.
I have done Nails for about 10 years and thought I would do a beauty course to offer my excisting clients the treatments that they go elsewhere for but its opened up so many new doors for me and Ive already enrolled for my Level 3 Beauty Therapy in September.
H x

ps, that was for Level 2 NVQ Beauty Therapy x

Hi, I trained with Caledonian Therapy Academy, it was local and at being 37 when I trained the idea of being back in a school environment was not something I would have coped well with. I am a fast learner and liked the fact that the training was in very small groups so you got lots of time with the tutor. Something I learned from working in an office for a long time is that everyone learns differently, I am very hands on and then like to do all the reading so I can soak it up (I find it hard to visualise without seeing first). So this method of training suited me. Hope that makes sense :)

Annie

Latest posts

Back