Color bands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaceyFace

Reaction score
72459a82a8afe2ffc59291aacaaafe1d_zps1d2e68e1.jpg

I have a guest that is a natural level 2 and for a long time started coloring with level 2 to cover grays. I do t know what was on her ends prior so I only touched up her roots.
Well she decided she wanted to be a blonde. So we test stranded her...lift was fairly even with 30 vol. We got her to a level 7 highlights even ll over.
Last time she came to get her hair done I was no available and another stylist took her and put level 8 with 40vol on her roots. She was too gold so the stylist out a few highlights on top to break up banding.

Today she came in..that band from the 8/0 was horrible. So we did a heavy highlight all over. Toned her roots with an 9/0 and from the midshaft down with wella Color touch 10/81 (pearl ash) to reduce the red hues in the midshaft down. Highlights turned out beautiful.

From the old black in the midshaft there is a problem getting her lighter. A lot of red and gold. I don't want to compromise her hair any more but she wants to be an all over level 9.

How would you go about taking her all blonde. I want to start double processing her soon....her roots and her ends would be fine. But it's that awkward band in the center.
I have a few ideas but I want some others!!!
Please and Thank you!!

You can see in the picture the banding towards the bottom. This picture was her first set of highlights. We just did another full set today to break up more of the dark. So she is a lot lighter. Unfortunately I forgot to take another picture today.

Last edited:
Can you not put a pic up Hun it's quite hard to advise on colour correction like this when I can't see the exact colours I nomally use a 10/0 to lift out banding!
Il read yours properly in the morns if you can't upload a pic and see if I can help x

Agrer with beckstar 10/0 using 6% or 9%

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back