Color help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scissorchik

Reaction score
I had a client come in today with a box colour root job on her level 7 dirty blonde roots. It had an orange tinge to it, so I tried to lift it a bit using Matrix UL series, which did nothing. I use Matrix color.

I tried to tone the orange out with a 9V/9a and some violet color additions but it barely budged.

So in a last ditch attempt to break it I tried bleach and 20 volume as a soap cap to see if I could get it over the hump. She ended up with extremely gold roots and a sore head. :(

I am struggling to get the gold out. Called the Matrix line and they suggested a 8-10 V in Color Sync.

She is coming back in tomorrow to see if I can even it out.

I am upset that I made the problem worse and had to let her leave with it looking so poorly.

I am working alone today so am hoping you guys might have some advice ?

Thanks. :o

Ouch bleach baths are really not nice on the scalp! Yep you need to either drop the depth or bleach with 10vol low and slow. The fact her hair had been preshampooed doesn't help either!

I was taught way back when that it is a law that:color dose not lift color. A de-colorising & or bleach product is always needed to lift any visible color from the hair (only raw washed out color from a while ago leaving the hair in the raw/underlying pigment state will have successfully basic coloring processes take properly)

Get her natural oils built up & do a mild bleach to match the raw color for root/scalp to the raw hair shaft raw color after you use a stronger bleach formula to lift out the older color on the remainder of the hair shaft first. Even if you do the darker colored hair color removal/lifting first & it takes quickly, let it! shampoo it,dry it then do the roots if you have to. It's a bit of extra work but it's worth it to get her to a better place for an easier coloring service for the future!......Charge for color correction for services like these in the future & explaine the process you will be needing to do!

Latest posts

Back