L'oreal Majirel / DIA Richesse / DIALight question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geminiseven

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a client who has sent me this picture/article and wants the same look:
Her base color is level 6. She hasn't had her hair dyed in about 7 months so there is a large amount of regrowth. Her hair was previously dyed a single permanent color that was darker red/copper but the ends have significantly lightened as the colour has dyed out.

This article is good as it gives the different formulas, but it seems that some of the colors used are no longer available / have been discontinued or are under different names and I am having trouble working out what I should use instead.

I am based in Australia.

Formula A
L'Oréal Professionnel Majirel ½ 6N + ½ 6.46/6CR, 20-volume L'Oréal Majicrème Developer
Formula B

L'Oréal DIA Richesse 7.40/7CCC + 15-volume L'Oréal DIActivateur
Formula C

L'Oréal Blond Studio Freehand Techniques Powder + 30-volume Majicrème Developer

So it appears the balayage has been done first using Formula C, and then do you think that Formula A is used on the roots and Formula B on the end?

I am having trouble finding the 7.40 in the Richesse. Do you think it would be ok to use 7.43 in the DIALight instead for the ends.

I can't seem to find 7.40 anywhere in Australia

Using the colormatching guidelines, it suggests 6.46 as the appropriate DIA color to use. Also having trouble finding 6.46 in either DIA Richesse or DIALight.

This client usually only coms to the salon once every couple of months, so I want to give her a color that looks as close to the image as possible but that isn't going to look awful as it washes out. She also would like to avoid lightening her hair if possible, and is not too fussed about not having the balayage effect. She just wants that overall color.

Do you think I could get a similar effect just using the blend of 6/6.46 on the roots and 7.43 DIALight on the ends without the balayage?

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions you have!!

Latest posts

Back