Colored acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pimaro

Reaction score
Hi,
When you use color acrylics do you use transparent acrylic underneath to help to change the color when doing refill? Or do you always just file the whole thing away? Seems so time consuming that way:/

But doing transparent first and color acrylic top makes the nail too thick:/

Or do you prefer gel lacks over acrylics?

I personally prefer using gel polish on top of clear acrylics.
But with the coloured acrylics, you can apply a very thin layer of clear to the natural nail to prevent staining (if you plan to use a dark acrylic) and also so that when it comes to infill/design change, you can just file back to that without damaging the natural nail.
After that thin clear layer, a thin layer of colour acrylic and then a layer of clear so that your apex and structure is there and also to prevent filing into the colour layer when finish-filing. If the first two layers are thin enough then the nails shouldn't end up too bulky x

I prefer working with coloured acrylics rather than gel polish.
I use an efile and Atwood Texas tornado to remove bulk before a new design. It is removed very quickly but I do think I'd use gel polish more if I was having to hand file!

I've just started using colour acrylic and have been doing a thin layer of clear then a thin layer of the colour acrylic. If it's a colour acrylic and strength powder I just file it but if it's a glitter is apply a very thin coat of clear over top then file. I've just started using glam and glits acrylic and the coverage is so good it only needs a very thin layer. And they are strength powders.
I use my efile to remove the bulk at efile. If they are having a colour which will cover the last colour then I file most off and reapply. I've just ordered the mean green efile piece too xx

I've just started using colour acrylic and have been doing a thin layer of clear then a thin layer of the colour acrylic. If it's a colour acrylic and strength powder I just file it but if it's a glitter is apply a very thin coat of clear over top then file. I've just started using glam and glits acrylic and the coverage is so good it only needs a very thin layer. And they are strength powders.
I use my efile to remove the bulk at efile. If they are having a colour which will cover the last colour then I file most off and reapply. I've just ordered the mean green efile piece too xx
I use G&G too and I agree that they are so highly pigmented they only need a very light layer however I always cap in clear to build an apex as G&G is a wet system to work with

Latest posts

Back