Colour advice please - Wella!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach.x

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My client has sent me the below picture. The last time her hair was coloured I used CT 5/73 all over Her natural base is a 5.

Can I have some formula recommendations for the red highlights please?

Tia x
IMG-20200217-WA0007.jpeg

Do you stock magma?

Do you stock magma?
Hi ronray. I am a mobile hairdresser so I can get this from my wholesaler! I'm not very confident when it comes to reds!

Hi ronray. I am a mobile hairdresser so I can get this from my wholesaler! I'm not very confident when it comes to reds!
You have a few options really. The most guaranteed results would come from bleaching and toning. But magma will do this in wne step, but it's usually brighter than the picture and it's exspensive to buy for just one client. The other option would be to use kp 3parts 55/46 + 1part 10/0 +12% but I would definitely strand test this, it will only work if the hair isn't saturated in colour and doesn't have any barriers from nasty shampoo etc... Good luck :)

You have a few options really. The most guaranteed results would come from bleaching and toning. But magma will do this in wne step, but it's usually brighter than the picture and it's exspensive to buy for just one client. The other option would be to use kp 3parts 55/46 + 1part 10/0 +12% but I would definitely strand test this, it will only work if the hair isn't saturated in colour and doesn't have any barriers from nasty shampoo etc... Good luck :)
Thank you ! Yes you are right that is quite expensive, I just checked. I don't have time to stand test this now, I would have loved to have tried out that formula !

I'm going to have to go down the route of bleaching and toning. Have you got a reconstruction for the toner ?

Thank you ! Yes you are right that is quite expensive, I just checked. I don't have time to stand test this now, I would have loved to have tried out that formula !

I'm going to have to go down the route of bleaching and toning. Have you got a reconstruction for the toner ?
I'd definitely use colour touch, I really like 66/45 in ct, if the hair lift to a copper shade though you may want to add a few grams of 55/65 to cool it down a bit. My absolute favourite, and my go to would be colour touch relights red, /44 +/56 equal amounts, but I'm sure /56 isn't available anymore :/

I'd definitely use colour touch, I really like 66/45 in ct, if the hair lift to a copper shade though you may want to add a few grams of 55/65 to cool it down a bit. My absolute favourite, and my go to would be colour touch relights red, /44 +/56 equal amounts, but I'm sure /56 isn't available anymore :/
Amazing thank you! I will try 66/45 with 55/65 if I need to.

Do you think it will be ok to use bleach and 6%? I really don't want to over process her hair. I will then tone with the above and 1.9%

Amazing thank you! I will try 66/45 with 55/65 if I need to.

Do you think it will be ok to use bleach and 6%? I really don't want to over process her hair. I will then tone with the above and 1.9%
Yeah the lightest you need it really is a level 7. So that should be fine.

Latest posts

Back