Colour advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halohair*

Reaction score
i am a mobile hairdresser and been out of the salon for 2 years so could do with some advice please.

i went to do a colour consulation and skin test on a new client and she would like an all over colour.

she has been using box colours and her ends are very blonde, her roots are about an inch and she's a base 5 then she has a really gold band where she used a different colour last time.
she would like it to be a light ash blonde all over.
i was thinking of using high lift colour maybe 12/11 with 9% but don't think it will lift? or should i use bleach with 6%? what would you recommend?
thank you
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I personally would use bleach+6% on the roots for required amount of time and then just before processing is up take it through to the band for 5/10minutes (just watch it and see) and then tone it all x

thank you, that's what i was thinking :) miss working in a salon and having everybody's opinions/advice!

thank you, that's what i was thinking :) miss working in a salon and having everybody's opinions/advice!

Me too but iv not missed it as much as expected! Went mobile part time in April and full time in November. It's usually just to have someone tell you your doing the right thing hey x

Def bleach unless going for a base 9 but highlift tints are designed for use on base 6 above, I personally haven't come across many strong enough on a 6 to be honest if wanting ash x

The fact you are dealing with a 1" root if it goes wrong with hi-lift it will be quite obvious, wella recommend 12/81 on level 5 but there is too much pigment to get a clean result. I would use pre-lightner with 6% plus some packets with pre-lightner + 1.9% to remove that band
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back