Colour advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LizzyS_

Reaction score
I've got a new client booked in on Wednesday. And from what I can gather she wants to eventually go back to her natural colour. She said she wants to achieve a "silver" look. However i have explained that in terms of getting that sort of colour its more of a growing out process. Help! What do u think would be the best option? I'm thinking very fine bleach highlights with a 12.11 wella toner? Picture attached. Any suggestions would be helpful. 😊 ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405259587.456497.jpg

I've got a new client booked in on Wednesday. And from what I can gather she wants to eventually go back to her natural colour. She said she wants to achieve a "silver" look. However i have explained that in terms of getting that sort of colour its more of a growing out process. Help! What do u think would be the best option? I'm thinking very fine bleach highlights with a 12.11 wella toner? Picture attached. Any suggestions would be helpful. 😊View attachment 70357

12.11 as in high lift? As a toner?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am not a wella geek so correct me if I am wrong. 12.11 is high lift? Or is there one in CT?

Sorry I meant Schwarzkopf!! But yes I've been advised to use 12.11 as a toner. However Im open to options. Thanks for replying. X

Sorry I meant Schwarzkopf!! But yes I've been advised to use 12.11 as a toner. However Im open to options. Thanks for replying. X

12.11 is a high lift tint, not designed for use as a toner thanks to its high ammonia content.
I would bleach to white then use a dia light 9.11 and 6vol

Ok thanks for ur advice!

Bleach to white and tone with colour touch 8/81 (silver)

Thanks Jamie!

affinage gothic collection check it out, specially made greys and silvers for the salt and pepper look, ive tried them all they are very nice, especially 6.117 and 9.117. I had a full head of 9.117 a couple years ago and loads of older ladies were saying they wanted that colour haha. Can also mix them into other shades to make flat ash colours if you want to transition slowly.

Thanks, will look into those!

Any other advice?!

Any other suggestions?😊

Looking at the picture she actually has a darker natural base with a high percentage of white. I would consider creating a charcoal effect through her blond ends by using a 5.1 or a 6.1. Yes it will go ashy and flat but used in super fine foils will bring that cold charcoal tone down through the lengths of the hair.
Combined with a powder lightener foil alternated 2 powder foils to 1 charcoal and toned with a 9.01.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back