Colour brand drama

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah1996x

Reaction score
I'm currently looking for a new brand of colour to start to use when I go self employed. This will be my first time going self employed and I do understand for the first year money will be tight and all profits will be going back to replenish stock, does anyone have any cost effective tubes of colour that are both great for the hair and have good coverage but also don't cost an arm and a leg? I've been looking at chenice liposome colour, however, I cannot find any reviews or opinions on it at all. Don't want to spend money on something that is going to be totally rubbish! Any replies will be very helpful!

Leah xx

You are better of using quality color. It will help set you apart from others who aren't and you will be more successful in the long run.

I don't know where you live or of its available where you are, but check out fanola color.
Lots of good talent on Instagram that use fanola if you type it in the search bar. It's very affordable.

Colorissimo I use a lot & is 100ml and framesi is good too but that's 60ml framesi is from aston & finchers and colorissimo you can get at salons direct

I really like Pravana. I don't know if you've used it before but it's pretty awesome and I don't think it costs that much.

I really like Pravana. I don't know if you've used it before but it's pretty awesome and I don't think it costs that much.
We don't have general acsess to pravana in the UK, I think there's just 1 website who will sell it other than that we have to use eBay which is never a good thing lol

I'm interested in this topic too. I tried to use goldwell, but very quickly realised, you can't access all the products they have, you need special training for some certain products, only then you can get access. To get a representative to contact me wasn't easy and he wasn't interested to help me, so it changed my mind very quickly. Otherwise I like coverage of goldwell demi and permanent colours, I like the hair after Goldwell colours, they feel healthier, look more shiny. If you have a nice representative in your area, maybe give it a go. You can get their colours from Sally, salon direct, and other suppliers.
I also like wella, it's quite straightforward and I think all of the colour range you can get again from hairdresing suppliers. I lived in Oxford, quite few colour brands mentioned in other replies are not available there. Xxx

I'm interested in this topic too. I tried to use goldwell, but very quickly realised, you can't access all the products they have, you need special training for some certain products, only then you can get access. To get a representative to contact me wasn't easy and he wasn't interested to help me, so it changed my mind very quickly. Otherwise I like coverage of goldwell demi and permanent colours, I like the hair after Goldwell colours, they feel healthier, look more shiny. If you have a nice representative in your area, maybe give it a go. You can get their colours from Sally, salon direct, and other suppliers.
I also like wella, it's quite straightforward and I think all of the colour range you can get again from hairdresing suppliers. I lived in Oxford, quite few colour brands mentioned in other replies are not available there. Xxx
What did you need training for? I have a fantastic goldwell rep, it's a shame you had a bad experience, I don't think goldwell is the sort of thing the op was talking about being cost effective, it's really not that's why I haven't changed over completely to goldwell myself for colours, 60ml tubes in goldwell are double the price of 100mls of some of the brands mentioned here

Check out Compagnia Del Colore, it's a micro dye system with very low ammonia, not even 1% and the shine is awesome.
It's calibrated so you can order a level 3, 5, 7, 9 and then mix the other levels, the colors are beautiful, they were the first company to make a Chocolate.

What did you need training for? I have a fantastic goldwell rep, it's a shame you had a bad experience, I don't think goldwell is the sort of thing the op was talking about being cost effective, it's really not that's why I haven't changed over completely to goldwell myself for colours, 60ml tubes in goldwell are double the price of 100mls of some of the brands mentioned here
Training to be able to use their ammonia free colour range.
I know goldwell wasn't exact topic and is not very cost effective, I just thought I would share some of my experience about it, so Leah1996x would get some idea about this colour house. Because when I was looking for some advice on what colour brand is best to use when working mobile, on your own, I did not get much of a help and chose Goldwell. I like the colour range and the coverage and all, but my point was is not easy to get all the range, at least where I live( Oxford, UK).

I'm looking into Fudge. I can't find a massive amount of info.

Think it's 1:1.5
And bases are 100ml tubes.

I've heard it's warm, can sometimes look a little Matt. But then others have said its super shiny

Mood colours are good I use wella but a few moods for bases, ashes, chocolates and a few reds

Organic and mineral hair colour range might be worth a look. You can order from salon select in meath in roi. 120ml tubes. Good range of colours, great fashion colour range too. Ammonia free and paraben and sls free. Tube of colour works out way less than a tube of wella. Also numbered similar to wella.

Check out Compagnia Del Colore, it's a micro dye system with very low ammonia, not even 1% and the shine is awesome.
It's calibrated so you can order a level 3, 5, 7, 9 and then mix the other levels, the colors are beautiful, they were the first company to make a Chocolate.
Hi do you have any acsess to education for this line? I've just got a nice little order of them in but there's no explanation of the tones in the chart! Tia x

Latest posts

Back