Colour change help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky2231

Reaction score
Hi, A client is a base 5 with 50 % grey hair. She wants to se a 7.1. she has two inches of regrowth showing her natural colour and the rest is covered with a home dye she used but has left her hair a very coppery brown. Her hair is shoulder length. would love some suggestions.

Personally, to achieve a 7-1 on a natural base 5 is not possible because of natural underlying warmth. Maybe why her hair has turned out coppery with the home dye.

Ash tones do help to control warm undertones but will not be true unless hair is white or at least a base 7 or above.

I would explain this to her and just use 7-1 on the roots and say the end result will be more like just a base 7 You could try adding a small amount of some ash or blue ash concentrate to the 7-1 mix to help control the warmth, but the result may end up darker than level 7

As for the mid lengths and ends which are coppery. I would apply the 7-1 for the last 15 - 20 mins of development time. But this depends how faded and how coppery the ends are. You may need more than an ash -1 if the ends are very coppery. You may need a 7 with a more blue ash or mix tone to neutralise the copper.

What colour line are you using for this?

Last edited:
I also forgot to mention that if her hair is extremley damaged and porous, applying level 7 may end up darker, especially if using level 7 ash or blue ash tones.
:)

Use the strongest ash tone in a 7 to lift then tone for extra coolness I would be the way to get it x

Latest posts

Back