Colour correction advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chellesbelles

Reaction score
Hi

I am quite new to hairdressing and am mobile.

Yesterday (19th April) I did a full head of foils ( only root growth on half of the head) for a new client but is someone I kind of know. She is naturally a base 6.

When I arrived I noticed that on her natural hair (which is very course) there were some red bits in her natural hair.

I asked her what she'd put in it she said that for valentines day she'd put in a off the shelf 6 x wash bright red colour and it hadn't come out! ( disaster )

I explained to her that the bleach ( wella blondor ) would not take away the red but more like.y make it pink.

She said she didn't mind that, quite liked different colours in her hair and so I went ahead and did the highlights using wella blondor & 9%.

The blonde was fine but, as expected the red bits ( which were mainly underneath went pink.

I was mortified, I should've gone with my better judgement and not done it!

Anyway, she said all was fine and I said for her to contact me if she had any problems.

Today she messaged me and said she didn't like the pink and asked if there is anything I could do!! This is where I need the advice. I suggested I could put a green ash toner on but have never used a green ash toner before and am a little worried. I usually use Wella koleston and colour touch.

Any advice on what to use or what I could do would be greatly appreciated!

Hi

I am quite new to hairdressing and am mobile.

Yesterday (19th April) I did a full head of foils ( only root growth on half of the head) for a new client but is someone I kind of know. She is naturally a base 6.

When I arrived I noticed that on her natural hair (which is very course) there were some red bits in her natural hair.

I asked her what she'd put in it she said that for valentines day she'd put in a off the shelf 6 x wash bright red colour and it hadn't come out! ( disaster )

I explained to her that the bleach ( wella blondor ) would not take away the red but more like.y make it pink.

She said she didn't mind that, quite liked different colours in her hair and so I went ahead and did the highlights using wella blondor & 9%.

The blonde was fine but, as expected the red bits ( which were mainly underneath went pink.

I was mortified, I should've gone with my better judgement and not done it!

Anyway, she said all was fine and I said for her to contact me if she had any problems.

Today she messaged me and said she didn't like the pink and asked if there is anything I could do!! This is where I need the advice. I suggested I could put a green ash toner on but have never used a green ash toner before and am a little worried. I usually use Wella koleston and colour touch.

Any advice on what to use or what I could do would be greatly appreciated!

Could u not re bleach with pastel if the hair is ok to do so? Leave it for long and pastel should lift

Ooh thank you. I've not used the pastel range yet. I'll look into it and perhaps give it a try. Her hair should be fine.

what depth is the hair ( the pink) xx

I've just looked on salon services website and they don't seem to have pastel, hmm. Perhaps they'll have it in the shop. Is pastel just a weaker peroxide?

You'll never ever in a million years be able to pick JUST all the pink bits up to re-bleach.
Have u got a pic?

You'll never ever in a million years be able to pick JUST all the pink bits up to re-bleach.
Have u got a pic?

Lol

I've just looked on salon services website and they don't seem to have pastel, hmm. Perhaps they'll have it in the shop. Is pastel just a weaker peroxide?

Yea that's right
U use it for toning hair etc x

Have u got a pic?

I was just thinking that - that would be an impossible task I think. Is toner the best way then?

I dont know if a toner with green would be pretty. I would do a test strand.

I'm scared of greens lol

I'm scared of greens too! Would colour remover be a big no no? Oh man, I am stressing. Perhaps a full head of bleach with pastel and then next time I do her re-growth i can do 2 to 1 bleach and dark blonde foils??

How about colour fresh 8.81?

Have u got a pic?

I haven't got a pic sorry! I thought it would be easier to put a toner on the pink bits?

i wouldnt try and relift , its not going to budge, i would definately stay away from ashy toners especially GREEN! i would be more inclined to use a beige/warm toner tbh ;-) xx

I haven't got a pic sorry! I thought it would be easier to put a toner on the pink bits?
you cant just put a toner on the pink bits hun, you will have to put it on all over ;-) xx

i wouldnt try and relift , its not going to budge, i would definately stay away from ashy toners especially GREEN! i would be more inclined to use a beige/warm toner tbh ;-) xx

Do you think a beige toner would really help? I'm really new to this so was just going with the basic knowledge I have of the colour wheel and green to neutralise red. Really want to get this right as I am mobile and am doing the colour correction for free(even though I warned her of the consequences) :-( feel a little out of my depth. Thankyou so much for all of the replies and advice so far! Xxx

Ok think I'm gonna go with a neutral beige blonde toner first and see what happens. If it doesn't work I may suggest she has a semi permanent neutral brown.

Latest posts

Back