Colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairbyadamphilip

Hair artist
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I have a client who has deep level 4 red/plum box dye on her ends but major regrowth of her natural colour about a level 6. She wants to lighten it all up and have it all even and was just wondering whether to do a bleach bath at the backwash on her ends to try lift the red or apply bleach directly to the hair? Know it’s a tough one and I don’t have a picture of her hair unfortunately but was just hoping for some advice. Thanks

Hi guys!
I have a client who has deep level 4 red/plum box dye on her ends but major regrowth of her natural colour about a level 6. She wants to lighten it all up and have it all even and was just wondering whether to do a bleach bath at the backwash on her ends to try lift the red or apply bleach directly to the hair? Know it’s a tough one and I don’t have a picture of her hair unfortunately but was just hoping for some advice. Thanks
I'd use a colour remover on those mid lengths and ends.

And if you don’t have one handy?

And if you don’t have one handy?
You could bleach it, but you could be opening a can of worms. The chance of lifting a plum level 4 to a 7, so you can re tone to a 6 is slim. It'll be easier to use a colour remover as this only effects coloured hair. You'd have to be extremely meticulous with your bleach application to make sure the virgin hair isn't lifted, otherwise you will create banding. Dealing with 3 bands of colour is more complex than just dealing with 2. Especially as the client wanta it to blend.

Latest posts

Back