Colour Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clodieb123

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I am a beautician nail tech and spray tanning tech. I have always wanted to do hair colouring. Are there and courses for hair colouring alone as I am not interested in the cutting or styling. any help or advice would be appreciated.

Hi Geeks,
I am a beautician nail tech and spray tanning tech. I have always wanted to do hair colouring. Are there and courses for hair colouring alone as I am not interested in the cutting or styling. any help or advice would be appreciated.

Colouring is the most technical part of training to be a hairdresser and needs ongoing training...bearing in mind it takes 2 years to gain basic skills in all parts off hairdressing, I wouldn't recommend to find a 'short course' in colouring as chances are, you'll leave a fair few people unhappy, with frazzled hair. It's not an easy thing to learn, if you'd really like to do it, I'd recommend an nvq2 in hairdressing and take colouring further with courses...
You still need a basic understanding of all aspects of hairdressing as they all interlink. E.g. When colouring partially (foiling, either weaving or slicing) you need to understand the way the hair is cut so you know where the colour will fall.

I hope this was some sort of help for you, and sorry if this wasnt the answer you were hoping for :)

Hi Geeks,
you will find you will need basic knowledge of cutting and styling in order to grasp the final results. (colour, face shape, cutting techniques,colour wheel etc list goes on) Most clients will want a stylist to be able to cut and style thier hair and not one or the other. You will need to in all fairness train in basic haircutting and move forward onto colour... its not as easy as just learning to colour and not being interested in cutting... they sort of come in hand in hand xx

Latest posts

Back