Colour help please..??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Hi
I have a client who I use rusk deepshine 8.000nc on which is basically a level 8 she alternates every other time with a full head of bleach and meshe highlights she's very happy with result however I feel it's getting a little too yellowy and for her skin tone and natural dark hair ( base 5) so dark eye brows etc I've managed to talk her into toning it down a little she has 50-60% grey alot at the front and what we call her skunk patch lol
So in my book she liked 7.13 so I'm thinking of doing half head spaced out bleach or mesche highlights then flooding the 7.13 inbetween and covering all remaining hair.... Would this colour be ok to use over what's on her hair already ?? Also I was thinking of doing the roots with say 6% as only lifting couple shades and then using a quasi on the already lightened ends...( to prevent any un necessary damage ) Will this be ok do you think it will give me an even result, I was going to dons test piece whilst weaving the highlights but as I'm going to hers need to be more prepared with other colour options should it not be a good colour choice??
Any advise or suggestions would be fab
Thanks in advance
Xx

Oh that's a shame normally peeps very helpful on here! Off to do this tomorrow so gonna go with my initial idea :0/

Hi Hun, so what im gathering is you usually do an 8 tint, then every second time do a full head bleach foils then flood the rest with 8.

But now you are thinking of changing to 7.13 instead of your 8, am I right so far?

I don't know what the 7.13 is like (I'm assuming 7, ash gold) I would maybe put a bit of 7 in with it, as you dont want too much ash, it could cause the blondey ends to go a bit..metallicy kacki coloured.

Otherwise, all sounds good, also for your tint, what I would do is do your 6% on roots, then with the remainder of the tint, add the same amount of developer (say you have 30mls tint, 30mls developer left) add the same amount as developer in warm water (add 30 mls warm water) mix this up and put it on the ends.

xx

Yes all correct, fantastic thanks for the help! So u said to add extra 7 to the 7.13 what ratio would u add that? Equal amounts or less??
I was worried about the ends going an odd colour Which is why I would test the ends whilst weaving highlights just to check it
So u think running the remainder thru with water would be a better and more even result than using a demi on ends? X
Thanks again ur a star xx

Also Hun with rusk they either have natural cool base 7 or natural warm base 7 which would u go with and should I only add extra base to mod lengths and ends or to the roots aswell???
Thank you xxx

ahh see this is where I worry about giving advice cos obv i cant see what you are doing etc.

If the ends are very light and porous, I'd say you need to add base, I'd go on the warmer side of things. as not adding warmth can cause that khaki colour.

I'd prob do 1/4 base 3/4 of your target shade, but thats just me. I don't use Rusk, I use Wella so am a bit more confident with that, and also when I can get my hands on the client lol. xx

I understand and appreciate your advise all the same, but just to clarify would u add base to the root as well? I just checked my stock and only have the cooler base! Typical huh so now I'm debating if to instead of adding the cooler base to add a bit of 7.03ni to the 7.13 for the ends I think best thing I can do is to do the test strands whilst foiling and go from there ay!!
But if u can advise about adding base to root also that would be fab
Thanks again xx

well if she is 50% grey (i think you said that earlier) then yeh i would add base to root colour x

Thank you!!! Never added extra base to her root before but will give it a whirl tomorrow
Thanks so much xxx

is 8.000 not base anyway?? x

Yes, that would be why I didn't add any haha blonde moment me thinks haha :o)
Thanks Hun! Xx

Latest posts

Back