Colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey ladies I'm back to hair styling after 10 year career change!! I'm back and trying to relearn everything lol I have my first client base of a 5 or 6 I think she wants to go black just to cover regrowth do I need to use a filler? I'm using wella colours she has no grey. Would soòoo appreciate advice!

The underlying pigments for a base 2 is dark brown, is your client dark, follow the curve. Personally I wouldn’t pre pig

Attachments

• A9A664BD-4A03-4612-8F3A-F2394E1AFB3A.jpeg
    A9A664BD-4A03-4612-8F3A-F2394E1AFB3A.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I think from memory she's a 5 or even possibly a 6 would u recomend filling first? And if so could I fill it the wella red? I have a tube of 045 special mix or could I get away with mixing a bit of 045 in with a 2? Thanks so much for replying btw. I'm so excited to be doing hair again bit nervous lol!!

Or add a bit of 3 base instead or a pre fill

Use the target shade in colour touch and 4% colour touch emulsion. There is no need to pre pig to go 3 shades darker on natural hair at those sort of depths. :)

Thanks so much for your reply. Apparantly she's naturally dark brown so I can get away with just using a 2. Phew. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back