Colour question Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveHairstyles

Reaction score
Hi, my client has got naturally red hair with some wella 12/0 highlights through it with couple of inch roots. She wants lilac and mint green colours which and going to use colour touch instamatic. I am going to lighten it with blondor. So my questions are would you lighten it with 20vol, and after you have done that would put a toner on it before you put the colour touch instamatic?

Well, i,m not quite convinced that red would leave that easily...

I've done highlights with blondor before on her hair and it does lift really well, it doesn't look yellowy. But if am going to lighten it all I think it might do. That is why I asked if people would put a toner on before putting the colour touch instamatic.

Yes use a toner. If you don't the purple will just tone the yellow out and you'll be left with a pretty blonde but not purple lol. I'd tone with 10/6. And make sure you get her to a true level 10 or your results won't be what you were looking for. Been there

Yes use a toner. If you don't the purple will just tone the yellow out and you'll be left with a pretty blonde but not purple lol. I'd tone with 10/6. And make sure you get her to a true level 10 or your results won't be what you were looking for. Been there
Ok cool, thank you!!

Latest posts

Back