Colour reducer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funtimefranko

Reaction score
Hi just a quick one, I've purchased quif strip:off colour remover, looking at the instructions its a colour reducer, after using this product do i need to use a lighter shade then the target? Or is that colour remover...? Thanks x

Yes most definitely. Aim two shades lighter. Just make sure you rinse rinse rinse and follow with step 3, rinse again and step 3. Colour reducers are fab if you find a good one but can go back to dark super fast if you're not careful

Yes most definitely. Aim two shades lighter. Just make sure you rinse rinse rinse and follow with step 3, rinse again and step 3. Colour reducers are fab if you find a good one but can go back to dark super fast if you're not careful
What would you recommend as a good colour reducer? I went by bestselling in the warehouse bit of a trial and error thing.

I've always used bleach but its not always very effective

To be honest I was using Blondirae but have not been that pleased with results. I'm also on the search for a good one. I have heard good things about Affinage. I have gone back to a gentle cleanse of 1 blondor to 4 parts pastel.

I used Goldwell and that was pretty good. But it was the first time I've used a colour remover so nothin to compare it to!

I dos however use it to strand test some XXL and it did nothing... At all...

I just always find if there's a buildup bleach doesnt seem to touch it

Latest posts

Back