Colour Touch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy flower

Reaction score
i had a new client in who had previously had her hair coloured as an ombré. She had been growing it out and had most of the bleach cut out last week.
She is naturally about a level 7 and would like her hair coloured all over darker. She doesn't want it to be too red and settled on something like a 6/7.
I was going to use colour touch, she has no grey. The ends were never very light, although had been bleached, were more of a very warm 9.
Will the 6/7 in colour touch really hold. Stupid, but I still can't get my head round the fact a 'semi' holds in and that a permanent is only really necessary if someone has grey. I use wella.

6/7 will really hold, yup.

i had a new client in who had previously had her hair coloured as an ombré. She had been growing it out and had most of the bleach cut out last week.
She is naturally about a level 7 and would like her hair coloured all over darker. She doesn't want it to be too red and settled on something like a 6/7.
I was going to use colour touch, she has no grey. The ends were never very light, although had been bleached, were more of a very warm 9.
Will the 6/7 in colour touch really hold. Stupid, but I still can't get my head round the fact a 'semi' holds in and that a permanent is only really necessary if someone has grey. I use wella.

In my experience with colour i find that all No Ammonia deposit colours last much better for tint backs on lightened hair as they do not cause as much hair cuticle corrosion and swelling = better colour retention. With colour touch i would use 15 ml 7/0+ 15ml 6/0 with 60ml of 1.9 % developer as you mention you are covering a warm level 9 .

As wella deposits depth first then the tone you can modulate the formula to your clients needs, i.e. cooler or warmer result.

It's not a "semipermanent" hair color, it's a "demipermanent" hair color. All that means is that it's a deposit-only color, created for tone-on-tone use. It doesn't lift, and it won't color gray because it doesn't open the cuticle enough to do so. Considering the fact that it doesn't open the cuticle as much as permanent hair color, it will stay better because it leaves the cuticle more closed. Does that make sense?

Wella colour touch will cover 50% grey hair and colour touch plus will cover upto 70% grey :)

Id say 1/2 6 and 1/2 7 will do the job I just used 1/2 6 and 1/4 6/37 and it was lovely
Use double base (66.0) with 4% wella developer and it will cover grey perfectly x

Thankyou everyone, makes more sense. When I trained in the dark ages we were encouraged to really just use permanent hair colours, but I am changing!!

Latest posts

Back