Coloured acrylic, additives and pigments - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onthelashmobile

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I'm fairly new to acrylic but almost finished my college course. In the course you only have to use clear acrylic and colour/glitter is never really discussed even though I feel this is essential for the majority of clients.

At the moment I'm just doing a natural/nude acrylic with a gel polish over the top for colour. I would like to be able to mix colours and glitters though.

There seems to be a lot of different products on the market. Coloured acrylic powders, pigments and additives.

Which is best? Do they have different uses? What's the best brand.

I would like something that's fairly reasonably priced in small pots but good quality.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mica pigments work well but you need to get some white and clear acrylic powder in bulk if you want to play around with opacity. I think NSI have mixable acrylic powders. You could also try naio nails too the colours are quite rich and im sure you can mix them. that means you'll have to use the monomer for naio though. Theres also something called monomer drops that you put in monomer so when you pick up a bead of acrylic it stains it a nice colour. Theres quite a few options just do what you feel is best

Latest posts

Back