Coloured acrylic powders

Morning!

I've not long completed my acrylic course using The Manicure Company products. Hey are ok but they don't have much in the way of colours (clear, white and a couple of pinks). I'm looking at getting some colours but I'm unsure which brand to try out. Who do you all recommend bearing in mind I'm a beginner.

Thank you!

I find glitterbels are fabulous for their colours. I’m a beginner too and I find the acrylic lovely to work with x

ciderella71

Cjp is fab. They have a huge range of coloured powders which are reasonably priced and easy to work with. They have also introduced a new monomer called The One which doesn’t require a primer.

Josiew27

Glitterbels for sure I CAN'T wait to start my nail tech course I just hope I make it x

Thanks everyone! I've ordered a couple from both glitterbels and cjp to see how I get on with them x

Josiew27

Which tips do you use xxx

Josiew27

I was going to buy one box of each shape but I'm unsure. So much to learn xxx

I know, it’s crazy much there is to learn. I’m using The Edge Olympic Full Well tips as I’m a full well kinda girl. I only qualified at the end of February do I’m still learning x

Angie3810

I use mia secret & Valentino

I am also not long qualified there for still practice practice practising. I also use the manicure company however I wish to buy loads of colours for my acrylic. At my course they said I cant buy colours of different brands and use it with my manicure company system. Does anyone know if this is correct ? Thanks x

I am also not long qualified there for still practice practice practising. I also use the manicure company however I wish to buy loads of colours for my acrylic. At my course they said I cant buy colours of different brands and use it with my manicure company system. Does anyone know if this is correct ? Thanks x
Yes I believe so. You shouldn’t mix systems as it can lead to all sorts of issues xx

I will have to change the whole system then its annoying that the manicure company only do your standard pink , natural , white & clear as it's a nice product to work with ! Thanks for your reply x

ciderella71

Pro impression well less tips are great.
I’ve just changed over to Glitter Planet tips and love them, especially the ultra thin ones.

Thanks hun I'll check that out . I was thinking . See if I stick to my manicure company acrylic can I use any colour to add to it not acrylic just the coloured powder ? Xx

ciderella71

Thanks hun I'll check that out . I was thinking . See if I stick to my manicure company acrylic can I use any colour to add to it not acrylic just the coloured powder ? Xx
Do you mean monomer?

No hun so I'd use my manicure company monomer with the powder to match but I want it to be coloured like neon pink etc rather than gel polishing it ? Xx

ciderella71

No hun so I'd use my manicure company monomer with the powder to match but I want it to be coloured like neon pink etc rather than gel polishing it ? Xx
The coloured powders are acrylic powder

The tiny little pots ? I didn't know that I thought I added it to my clear. I see. This makes sense ! Deffo have to change systems then x

ciderella71

The tiny little pots ? I didn't know that I thought I added it to my clear. I see. This makes sense ! Deffo have to change systems then x
You could buy pigments and add those to your clear powder however it’s much easier to use a coloured acrylic

Yeah hun that's what I meant didn't know what they where called. I would prob have to do a conversion course to change system tho as I wouldn't be happy using stuff on a client I wasnt clued up on. I'll maybie try the pigments first. Have you ever used them ?