Colouring hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jotommo

Reaction score
hi i have a new client that was unhappy with the last hairdresser job on her hair!
anyway she has a hair weft that she bought herself off the market so it will be cheap, she wants her whole head colouring dark (like danni minogue)
can i tint the extensions?? they are like a streak effect now blonde/brown, about level 8-9.
nightmare i know. i have suggested just buying new hair but she wants to do it this way :irked:
thanks alot guys xx

You can only colour extensions at most two shades down to get the best result. Anything lower and you will get a wishy-washy result. If it was hair a client had purchased themselves I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Hi, jotommo no I wouldn't touch it either if she bought it elsewhere, especially as it is cheap hair it could be coated with chemicals or be very processed hair and it can turn very hot and go very dark very quickly , (chemical reaction)

but .... you could suggest that she colours it herself and to do some test pieces first , as it may turn out very uneven , :) hth minky

i thought that.. not to touch it!!
think i'll leave it let her do it herself. lol
thanks guys xx

Latest posts

Back